cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC - New User creation under new Security configuration [Login failed]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a new user giving it a few rights (maybe roles other than administrator) in SCC. Also, I want to create the user as a part of a new security configuration.

So, I have created a new login by the name of "supdev1" from Application>Administration>Security>Logins.

Now, I went ahead and created a new Security configuration with the name "developer" and using the PreConfiguredUserLoginModule added supdev1 to it. Also, I assigned the "developer" configuration to the default domain (I'm not using any other domain at the moment).

I modified the properties of the configuration and provided a password to supdev1. All these additions & modifications were done from the default supAdmin administrator account. The problem is, when I log out and try to login using the supdev1 account, it says 'Login failed'.

Is there anything I'm missing out on? When I try to create supdev1 under the default admin Security configuration, it works fine. But it doesn't work when it is under a newly created Security configuration. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. I thank you all for your kindness, in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare the roles present in the admin and the newly created security profile. Security>developer>role mappings. I think you are missing some roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Midhun. I don't mean to assign all roles to developer as it is in admin, or they'll be just replicas. What roles should be assigned to an user, so that he/she can just login but not have all those accesses of an administrator? I want supdev1 to be just a normal user login, who can just see but not change anything in SCC, or have limited access to configurations.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Try adding different roles to the new user add check whether it get inside. I think you can try using helpdesk, developer etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll post a screenshot of the roles mapped to developer. I think the following roles should be enough to get me in SCC.

But the error is still the same. 'Login failed'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra, thank you for your help. But, I still cannot figure out what are the minimum roles that should be assigned for just a simple login. Look at my post above yours where I have posted a screenshot of roles, provided to my user supdev1. It also contains the SUP Administrator role, inspite of which the login fails. I have tried assigning the exact roles to developer as in admin Security configuration, but the login still fails. Strangely, this happens only when I create my user under the custom developer Security configuration. Login works absolutely fine when creating user under the default admin configuration. Does the error lie somewhere else? Did I miss out any steps as mentioned in my first post?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its looking like it's not possible to login to SCC with a different security profile other than "admin". What I can suggest here is that create multiple preconfigured login modules inside the admin itself and manage the access through giving only required roles under the property roles while creating. This will solve your problem.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what I wanted to know Midhun. Thanks a lot. As mentioned in my original post, I already tried out creating preconfigured logins inside admin which worked perfectly fine. That means access to SCC is limited to only users created under admin then.

Thanks a lot again!

Answers (0)