cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description text display issue HCM appraisal form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have description text in webdynpro application. If I need to enter description in multiple line . When I reopen application then entered text should display in multiple lines. But when I am saving then instead of showing in multiple lines its getting displayed in single line. I have attached the screen shot for the same. Let me know if any further information required.

Regards,

Padam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we use text edit ui element, the text with newlines(#) will be preserved.

Example: line1: Text1

line2: Text2

The text is saved as Text1#Text2.

Please check whether your text is saved in DB with new line( #) .

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your reply but we have already implemented this one but still not fulfill my requirement.

Actually at the time of saving its taking all the multiple rows into one row with (#) .but we want multiple rows display if we save multiple rows.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Padam Dwivedi

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padam,

Can you give me the snap shot of properties binding of Text Edit field in your application?

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Padam,

while saving n lines of data of text-edit, it will save data in DB by concatenating '#', but while showing on UI that '#' will be converted to new line. basically that is not '#' symbol that is 'CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES=>NEWLINE'   new line symbol.

so if while coming back your data in coming in sfdsdfs#fdsfsd#dsfds this format on UI, means you have some problem with CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES=>NEWLINE, to resolve this you need to implement this SAP note.

SAP Note 1797388 ..

here is the process how to implement

T code : /osnote

Download Sap Note (Ctrl+F8)

Insert the note then  Execute (F8).

expand the New node and click above the latest downloaded note and click on Implement SAP note (Ctrl+F1)

BR
Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I have applied your recommended SAP note 1797388 but still problem persist.

If you have any other solution please help me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Text Edit Filed is dynamically creating,all other snapshots already attached in previous conversation. Please provide me any solution.

Thanks for you reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After applying this sap note data is coming in # format on UI ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Its coming with # format but we have replaced # symbol with space.So now # also is not coming, in replace of # space is coming.

But my requirement is to show data with multiple line not # or space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this ..

replace all occurrence of # by  CL_ABAP_CHAR_UTILITIES=>NEWLINE.. then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried not working..

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padam,

Could you provide the code which is used to generate the text edit ui element dynamically?

Try placing text edit ui element statically in layout, so that you can compare both.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which UI element is this..

vimalv
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try replacing # with cl_abap_char_utilities=>cr_lf , before you display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

My requirement is to show the data with multiple lines but in the text edit box its showing next line in the same line with '#' symbol.

I have applied all the above posted solution but still problem is not solved.

Thanks

vimalv
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey PADAMK,

Ensure that you have the context attribute that you have bound this Text Edit to, is of type STRING_TABLE(standard type).

On the save action, Loop at the STRING_TABLE and use function module IQAPI_WORD_WRAP to convert it to lines of 132 chars length so that you can save it as a text object using SAVE_TEXT.

When you have to display, you have to read the text using READ_TEXT, and then bring the string into STRING_TABLE . And each line will be displayed in the Text edit control.