cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a GAF application from WD Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to call an FPM GAF application via WD application. How can i achieve this?

Explanation: We have a custom WD Appl, which will display a dynamic form based on the selection in the first view. Now for one of the selection instead of displaying a form i have to call a GAF Application.

Please advice.

With Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rudy_Clement1
Participant
0 Kudos

You can use the interface IF_FPM_NAVIGATE_TO to navigate to another webdynpro application.

To get an instance, use this coding:

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_navigate_to = lo_fpm->get_navigate_to( ).

then call the LAUNCH_WEBDYNPRO_ABAP method and provide the details of your GAF application to navigate to it.

Good luck!

KR, Rudy.

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It's correct what Rudy says. Just for completion: There are two ways of navigation: One is with interface IF_FPM_NAVIGATE_TO, the other with IF_FPM_NAVIGATION. Both interfaces can be obtained from IF_FPM by calling IF_FPM->GET_NAVIGATE_TO and IF_FPM->GET_NAVIGATION, respectively. Whereas interface IF_FPM_NAVIGATION is intended for a pure programmatic navigation via the Launchpad component, interface IF_FPM_NAVIGATION makes use of a Launchpad customizing that can be maintained in transaction LPD_CUST.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar requirement in which I need to navigate to ESS W4 Application(FPM OVP) from a custom WDA application(Not FPM).

I tried the above suggested solution but the lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ). statement is not returning any instance.

Could you please help on this?

Regards,

Nurshid

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the Late reply friends.

@Rudy: I can able to launch my FPM Application in new window, but my user want it in the same window. To do this i uses the Addl. Parameters option as like below.

ls_add_wd_parameters-use_suspend_resume = abap_true.

ls_add_wd_parameters-navigation_mode = 'INPLACE'. "'FRCEINPL'.  "

ls_add_wd_parameters-history_mode = '1'.

ls_add_wd_parameters-parameter_forwarding = 'P'.

lo_navigation->launch_webdynpro_abap( EXPORTING is_webdynpro_fields = ls_launch_webdynpro

is_additional_parameters = ls_add_wd_parameters

IMPORTING et_messages = lt_messages

ev_error = lv_error ).

Still i am not able to launch it in the same window.

@Sreenivas: Your document is very helpful for embedding FPM Appl in WD. As it has limitation on Application parameter, i couldn't able to use this approach.

So is there any way to to launch FPM Appl from WD Appl in the same window and can be able navigate revers direction (WD Appl to FPM Appl)  as well?

Rudy_Clement1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

I don't think it is possible. At least, I don't know how it would be possible and I've never seen such a thing in any FPM application. You can navigate to almost everything but you cannot include a FPM application into another FPM application as far as I know.

One of the problems I see in this requirement is as follows: Each FPM application has it's own access class (CL_FPM implementing IF_FPM) which is a singleton and therefore specific to one session. You cannot have two singleton instances of the same class for one session.

If you manage to do it anyway, I'm very interested in your solution.

Kind regards,

Rudy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

You are correct. We can't include a FPM App in another FPM app but as Mr. Sreenivasa Rao Yarru said in his blog we can embedded FPM App in WD App. I tried this and working fine. But the problem is we cant pass any Application Parameters for that FPM App. If we were able to pass App Parameters to FPM App, it will solve my problem.

Mean while i am trying to convince my user to accept the navigation in new window.

With Regards,

Srinivasa Rao

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Go through  this link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48120

Regards,

Sreenivas.