cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Customer Program Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a Change Log Business Rule - using a "Data Source" with Sub Scenario - "Programmed" which required to provide a ABAP Class in backed ECC system, Table name and Object Type.

I have already created a Class and other dependable structures and Registered the rule in /GRCPI/GRIAVPROG view in ECC system with Following info-

CLSNAME- Class Name

BR Category- LOG

BR ANYSTYPE- CC

BR FDANYSTYPE - C

FILTER TYPE - DDIC Structure created for Filter Type

DEFICIENCY TYPE- DDIC Structure created for Deficiency Type

OUTPUT TYPE- DDIC STRUCTURE for Output Type

INTERNAL TYPE- DDIC Structure for Internal Type

OBJECT- Table name

OBJECT TYPE- T

I Have followed Following document for the same-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04afe6b-e55e-2f10-03bb-aacae5665...

But Ad-hoc Query returns nothing.

I Guess i am not including correct fields in  OUTPUT TYPE and INTERNAL TYPE - DDIC structure, can someone please help me understand what these two structure are responsible for while creating Custom Program Rule as "Programmed".

Can someone also share there experience while implementing Custom Program Rule.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akash,

This is as per design. Please, check the below text:

As you define some types of data sources and business rules, you can run them to test if they are working correctly. This is useful for configurable business rules and data sources, which are designed and implemented directly from the PC 10.0 user interface. For programmed, SAP query, ABAP report, and some other data source and business rule types, ad hoc query is not available, since the key design and testing activities for those types occur elsewhere, and PC 10.0 mainly reflects the implementation done elsewhere.

For configurable rules, however, ad hoc queries are very useful indeed. The following screenshots show two modes of ad hoc query operation: one that collects the data as the data source would, and another that applies the rule logic to filter the data and then apply deficiency logic.

Thank you,
Fernando

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando's reply is on-point: ad hoc queries are not supported for programmed data source types (subscenarios). Please see PC 10.0 Automated Monitoring
Overview document on SCN: Doc-19608
, specifically page 30.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone Successfully implemented "Programmed" Business Rules in SAP GRC system. we also tried to replicate above scenario as provided in Link, but nothing turns up in Ad-hoc Query.

All Configuration and RFC connector settings are in place as we are already able to run "Configurable" Business rules using Tables.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Regards,

Akash