cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM MX_INACTIVE

0 Kudos

Hi IDM experts,

I am trying to finding out what script or job in IDM removes all of the PRIV:SYSTEM:$Rep and the PRIV:$Rep:ONLY privileges when the attribute MX_INACTIVE is set.

When setting MX_INACTIVE the user is not deleted in the UI but set to inactive and hidden as expected, and all of PRIV:SYSTEM:$Rep and the PRIV:$Rep:ONLY privileges are removed which will then deprovision the users account from the back end subsystems.

What I am trying to achieve is to stop the PRIV:SYSTEM:$Rep and the PRIV:$Rep:ONLY privileges from being removed when MX_INACTIVE is set, to stop the user account being deleted in the subsystems,  as we still want to disabled the accounts in the subsystem rather than delete.

I know MX_DISABLED will lock the UI user and the subsystem account, but it will not hide the user from the person list in the UI.

According to the Identity store schema document:

"Setting an entry to inactive has the same effect as deleting it, i.e. the attribute triggers the deprovisioning
task for all target systems of the identity. Depending on the type of a specific target
system, the de-provisioning task deletes or locks the user account."

Does anyone have any idea's what or where in the deprovisioning process causes these privileges to be removed.

Kind Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Yes, MX_INACTIVE is built-in behavior and not done by the framework. From the other side(use MX_DISABLED), maybe you can also try with the 'Access limitation' functions defined on the general tab of the entry type to 'hide' it? (so set the search attribute after MX_DISABLED is set, eg: by an event task or jobs directly under the modify web task)

You may get more information regarding this function from MMC help documentation.

BR, Keith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

I think that's inbuilt behaviour - I don't think you can stop it happening.

If you want to leave the accounts behind, you can have the deprovisioning job check to see if MX_INACTIVE is set and then not deprovision.  This means it would only deprovision if the account was removed from an active account.

Peter