Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Authorization for Java Tables - PI 7.31 SP06

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to view the data in the below tables on the Java Stack through NWA . But I am getting "User is not authorized to read table XI_AF_LMS_EXTRACTR.".

We are running PI 7.31 SP06, dual installation..I have searched a few blogs, but none of them had a solution for this.

Navigation to these tables: Log on to NWA ->Troubleshooting->Database->OpenSQLDataBrowser

XI_AF_LMS_EXTRACTR

XI_AF_LMS_FILTER

XI_AF_LMS_DATA

Our Security person gave permissions to all the java roles and i was given all the roles as PISUPER, but still I am not authorized to read the table.

I checked the security logs in NWA, it shows

Permission check failed | ACCESS.ERROR | null | | Permission=[(com.sap.sql.itsam.databrowser.permission.DataBrowserPermission ReadTables XI_AF_LMS_EXTRACTR)]

Could you please tell us what permissions are we missing???

Thanks,

Harsh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

In PI there are lot of service users being used in the background to perfom specific task. Do you know which service user is being used in this case,if yes then run a trace "St01" on that service Id and find out if anything is missing. Also did you run a trace on your userID??

Check out for more logs through PI monitoring tcodes and see if you can get some more information.

0 Kudos

Thanks Akshay. We are able to access the table with j2ee_admin user. This temporarily solved our purpose.

Thanks,

Harsh