cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Element Offset - Working Days

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to configure PS to correctly schedule activity elements based on the offset in CJ20n.

I have two SAP systems, one in which the offset feature works correctly and other other which does not.

Correct behavior: When setting the offset to start on an activity element the start date is moved forward a commensurate number of working days.

Incorrect behavior: When setting the offset to start on an activity element the start date is moved forward a commensurate number of calendar days.

In both instances above the parent Activity has the same duration (20 days), basic start and basic end dates. The same factory and holiday calendars are used across both systems.

If the offset only takes into account calendar days, it makes it impossible to accurately schedule the activity as you cannot increase the duration beyond the parent activity to move the date far enough ahead. As long as the activity element takes into account working days, dates can be set accurately.

I have insured the scheduling parameters are identical across the systems, the calendars are identical and the dates are identical. In the later system I cannot get the offset on activity elements to use working days rather than calendar days. Is there any additional configuration that I should be checking and/or setting?

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in other system factory calendar, if holiday calendar is assigned to that factory calendar or not.

I see that only as probable reason.

Regards,

Mahendra

0 Kudos

The holiday calendar (CA) is assigned to the factory calendar (CA). While it certainly seems calendar related I cannot see what relevant setting is required.

The parent activity has the CA calendar assigned to it and does schedule the duration according to working days assigned in the calendar. The activity element will not, it goes strictly on calendar days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Flexible Duration set in the Activity?

0 Kudos

Flexible duration is not set in either system. I tried setting it as well but it has no effect on the activity element taking into account work days.