cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager CHARM Conflict Detection mechanism

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I want to configure CHARM CSOL profile for conflict detection in such a way that

Conflict should not occur with in a CHARM poroject i.e if first change is done in Porject 1 and CD1 and the secound change is done under Porject 1 and CD2...no conflict

Conflict should only occur between projects i.e if first change is under Project 1 and CD1 and the second change is under Project CD2 t..in this case only conflict should occur.

As part of my analysis to accomplish this I have switched my CSOL profile from "Cross-Project, Overlapping, Client-Specific" to "Different Project, Overlapping, Client-Specific" in transaction /n/TMWFLOW/CONFIG_LOCK of solution manager. Even after this config conflicts are detected with in a project.

Please suggest on what needs to be done to accomplish this move from "Conflicts with a project" to "Conflicts only across projects". Do I have to run any reconciliation job or program for the projects so that they get updated with the CSOL configuration??

Thanks

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi

Thanks for the info.

I have activated CSOL and it works well in scenario "Cross-Project, Overlapping, Client-Specific" now I want to switch to "Different Project, Overlapping, Client-Specific" and that is not working.

In report /TMWFLOW/CONFIG_CSOL I have setup the setup the config as per the same help link that you have mentioned but still I still see conflicts as per initial setup i.e systems is ignoring the projects to which the two transports are belonging to when raising a conflict.

Please suggest

Thanks

Naresh

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I gather that the issue is that you have switched on CSOL with one set of settings , now that locks are generated you need to change the settings . You may need to delete the existing lock entries from tcode  /TMWFLOW/LOCKMON  Then you can switch on CSOL again . This may help.

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaswat

Yes you are right I switched the CSOL settings.

If I delete the CSOL locks how will they get generated again for the projects that are being worked upon?

Thanks

Naresh

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh ,

I haven't tried out this scenario myself . The idea was to delete the existing locks and reactivate CSOL so new locks should be made as per your new setting . You may want to test this in a sandbox environment first .

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked the sap note 1895691.

Have you tried to change the default setting via /TMWFLOW/CONFIG_SERVICES?

have you tried with other scenarios like cross system lock , will that work with the report TMW_CONTROL_PROJECT_LOCK?

please check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/4b/de117de5963c31e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos