cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset SNP Planned Order creation by a 'leadtime' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where we have 1 location in the supply chain, it is both the DC and the factory in one. Eg, location A.

We release the forecast to this location A from Demand Planning. The client uses SNP Heuristics and that cannot change.

The business have the requirement to have a planned order created one week before the demand date.

How can I configure things so that planned orders are created 1 week prior to the demand when there is only 1 location in the network in an SNP Heuristics solution?

I have looked at safety days, but that appears only suitable for ppds heursitics.. the client already has a complex safety stock solution in place and I don't want to risk corrupting that by changing S/S methods etc.

I hope someone can help.

SSB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As well as the above suggestions, you could use the BADI /SAPAPO/SNP_GET_DATE           "Scheduling Logic Extension for Receipt Date" to manipulate the creation date of a Planned Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

any thoughts of GR Processing time? is that an option?

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes GR processing time is one option.

I wonder why you are not able to make use of safety days in SNP Heuristics. Which one did you try MZ or SZ? MZ or MM should help you in SNP Heuristics. SZ is specific to PPDS.

Another very crude option would be to increase the set-up time by 7 days.

Are you planning in weekly buckets or Monthly?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client has a very complex safety stock set up using ABC/XYZ classifications etc, and as I joined after it was implemented I don't want to fiddle in the safety stock space if I can avoid it.

We are planning in weekly buckets.

Thanks for your response, I will consider the GR processing time further. If I have the GR processing time on the manufacture location of 7 days. There will always be a 7 day difference between demand and supply? can you confirm?

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. There will always be a 7 days difference with usage of GR processing time.