cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be selective about scope of check for STO delivery and SO delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Appreciate your inputs on the following requirement.

Scenario / requirement:

Stock can be received in: i) unrestricted batch (ATP category CC), and, ii) restricted batch (ATP category CK). The requirement is that for an STO delivery document, we should consider the restricted batch (CK) but for a sales order delivery, we should not consider the restricted batch.

The problem is that there seems to be no way to differentiate between STO delivery (business event B) and sales order delivery (business event B). Therefore, there is no handle to control the scope of check for STO delivery process only.

Questions:

1. Are there configuration options (perhaps in distribution definitions of delivery which I have not looked at yet), could you let me know?

2. If there are no configuration options, could you suggest appropriate Exit /BADI that can influence the business event so that we can control the scope of check for the STO delivery only?  Please note that we need to support the same process for ECC ATP check also.

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has this been resolved?  Can you please share the results?  We are dealing with the same situation.  Thanks in advance.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Availability check can be controlled at transaction level as you must be aware of this.

There is a possibility to have different item category in delivery documents, so what you can do is to first check the option suggested in below link;

http://scn.sap.com/message/9440754

If this doesn't help then you can check by having different item category for your STO delivery document and try controlling availability check with that.

Do let me know if this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not tried myself, but i think it should work.

Did you tried maintaining check rule for Delivery type of STO?  I hope that should work...logically.

ECC SPRP-->MM-->Purchasing-->Purchase order-->set up STO-->Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule.

If you maintain the checking rules here for the STO delivery type then i hope it should call ATP with different business event (as check rule is BE in APO).  and BE with check group should help to manage different scope of check.

Please try this and confirm.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems like suggestions i mentioned may also not work.... confirm me once you try that..

reason i am thinking for it not working is.... this check rule will be for STO and may not be for delivery.

Pravin