cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect from ECC to PI server using RFC destination of type T in single stack

avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

While working with the File to IDOC scenario in SAP PI 7.3.1 single stack,I was trying to create an RFC destination of type T which could connect from ECC to PI server i have used the registered program id i got its value from gateway(smgw) active connections

i have tried using both the Local TP Name and also the TP Name but it shows the following error

when i used the local TP Name it is showing the error as

When i used the TP name it is showing the following error

Please help me in solving the problem.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Team,

I have saw that i was entering the wrong gateway values and now i placed the correct PI server gateway values while creating RFC destination in SAP system and now it is working well and the program ID in the RFC destination which we are creating and the value of the program id in the inboundRA resource adapter should be same and then it had worked.Thank you very much team.

Regards,

Avinash.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you have given SAP PI system's gateway host and gateway service in the RFC destination?

You need to get these values from the inboundRA properties from your PI box.

Regards

Varun

avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Varun,

I have tried using inboundRA configuration values but it is showing the similar error to it as in above screen short  "sap gateway connection failed,is sap started" and "error when opening rfc connection".

Regards,

Avinash

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Avinash,

Do you check if the gateway is avaliable ?

Check it Tcode: SMGW -  abap stack.

Also check the connections:LCRSAPRFC /SAPSLDAPI

Kind regards,

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this blog from Dimitri regarding "sending and receiving" Idocs with a Single Stack System should also be very helpful to doublecheck your settings

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43471#comment-374783

Kind Regards

Stefan

avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Stefan,

I have tried using inboundRA configuration values but it is showing the similar error to it as in above screen short  "sap gateway connection failed,is sap started" and "error when opening rfc connection".

Regards,

Avinash

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Have you followed Michal's blog?

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapte...

host: should be ecc (you could find this value in sap logon or in smicm)

service: sapgwxx where xx is instance number, alternatively you could use 33xx too

It is still valid for PI 7.3

Regards,

Mark