Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice system error in visual composer

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem with respect to using a webservice in my Visual Composer application. I have defined the webservice system with a WSDL url in the visual administrator giving the required login credentials. I am trying to access the entire function group that contains some BAPI's. When i access this system in my Visual Composer, i can see the entire list of BAPI's that it contains converted as web services. But, when i try to drag any of the BAPI's i get the following error

<b>Failed to fetch Metadata.</b>

Portal Request failed due to: Operation

not found.

Now when i put the same WSDL in my browser, the list of services can be clearly seen. Any solutions to this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the Visual Composer WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/PortalRequestFailed

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I have already checked this Wiki and performed what is suggested there. Still no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The credentials that you gave, is this user allowed to see/access metadata?

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Can you please tel us how to check for the authorisation for the user id and also how to give the authorisation if he doesnt have? , also we presumed that the user id and pwd which we have given has the rights to access the metadata.

thanx and Regards

Arun EV

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check what authorizations your user has in the backend system. SU01 is the transaction, as you mentioned that you use an ABAP function group that is exposed as web service.

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The user that we are using has been given the sap_all profile in the abap system. Is there any other authorisations that needs to be explicitly specified in the system?

Arun E V

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The problem is solved now. We cannot drag a webservice system directly into a layer in VC but first needs to be dragged on to your story board and from there into the desired layer!!! I am not sure why this occurs but my colleague here found this out. But now i get the error Portal Request Failed (Could not execute web service operation). i checked the following link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/portalRequestFailed&

The BAPI that iam testing as a webservice has one fo the input in the form of a object, to be specifc a HROBJECT whose structure contains 3 components. Can this be the cause of the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Arun EV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very likely.

Thanks for letting us know the problem with the layer/storyboard. I just put that in the WIKI on the page mentioned in your posting

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Just one more curious thing that i observed. I have created these systems using the WSDL in the Visual administrator. When i try to create a WSDL system in the portal i get a user mapping error. But when i use the same WSDL in Visual admin i see the webservices that is exposed when i click on the system in visual composer. Is this any installation problem? I am using EP 7 SP10 with SQL 2005 as the back end.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun E V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

was it possible for you to solve this problem?

Regards

Answers (0)