cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data : Creation of entries in the Qualified Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has succesfully achieved the following...

I'm looking at the standard materials repository.

- Main Table : Product

- Qualified Table: Location Data. This qualified table single non-qualifier field is a look-up to a flat look-up table, called Plants

The flat table is populated with the valid list of plants, using the check table synchronisation. The Main Table is empty, so is the Location Table.

In order to load products into this repository using the import manager it seems that it is required to "create" entries in the qualified table (Location), one for each plant-code.

Is this true ? I actually would expect the SAP MDM Import Manager client to be able to create the records in both the main table and if needed, the qualified table. As long as my plant code exists in the "Plants" look-up table, that should be sufficient. It seems not the case..

Thx,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sequence of Import

- Load the Flat Lookup tables. ( in your case Plants)

- Load the Qualified Tables ( in your case load the non qualifiers of the Location Data)

- Load the Main table (in your case Products)

Though MDM allows you to create Lookup values on the fly, I would rather go with this approach.

If you are using Import Manager, you can add the Qualified Table Records in the fly.

But if you are using Import Server, you will NOT be able to add Qualified table records in the fly. I tested this, and I see the files in the ImportX error directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sequence of Import

- Load the Flat Lookup tables. ( in your case Plants)

- Load the Qualified Tables ( in your case load the non qualifiers of the Location Data)

- Load the Main table (in your case Products)

Though MDM allows you to create Lookup values on the fly, I would rather go with this approach.