Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picked one or more file at certain time

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a typical requirement like every day clients puts one file(some time it may be more than one) on one of the directories, at that time file needs to be picked up and rest of the time interface needs to be ideal.so how can we achive this scenario.Is there any background program is there .

I am new to sap pi and this was new requiremt i have never faced this can any one guide me to achive this or any example scenario which has been faced any one.

Thanks&Regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You can achieve your requirement using Availability Time Planning at Sender Communication Channel.  Schedule the Channel to work in particular time intervals.  If you Schedule the Sender Channel It will work in partiuclar time intervals and rest of the time channel will be in stop mode.

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

Thanks for your reply and this was very useful for me.adding to this if at a time more than one file is there how can we achive this.is there any link kindly provide me it is very help full.

Regards

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you satish.

Regards

Madhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If you are sure no files are created in the "idle time", you don't even have to use the ATP. If you schedule your sender CC to search for files e.g. once every hour, it will simply find no files to process, and wait another hour.

Regards,

Greg

former_member650013
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Grzegorz,

Thanks for your reply and this was very useful for me.adding to this if at a time more than one file is there how can we achive this.is there any link kindly provide me it is very help full.

Regard

Madhu