cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocRuntimeException: Unable to get meta data for IDoc type YABCD01 : SEGMENT_UNKNOWN

Former Member

Hi All,

We are using PI 7.31.

Request your help in finding solution for the below error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocRuntimeException: Unable to get meta data for IDoc type YABCD01 :  SEGMENT_UNKNOWN

I tried importing the Idoc into ESR again and tested the interface but the message fails everytime in IDOC_AAE receiver adapter.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Are u able to preload the metadata ??

Please preload the metadata. Once done check in ECC and make sure that all the idoc segments are released from ECC.

Some times the error occurs because the segments are not released in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Indrajit.

Our ECC team released the Idoc segments and it worked.

But as per them, it should not be an issue since they have not released some other Idoc segments which are running fine!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Well I have seen in all the cases it fails in PI.

turmoll
Active Contributor

Since it was not related to whether segments were released or not.

It was related to underlying data types which were either missing/changed/not active etc.

It could be easly identifed  by ECC team if they check IDoc type consistency  via WE30.

/Jakub

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

There is one more case where the SAP Release needs to be checked as we had the same issue in our project where in the File Receiver channel we have a Module configuration in which we have given the SAP Release number as 701 for which was causing the issue. Then we have changed that parameter to 731 then it worked fine.

Thank You.

Venkat B.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Even i faced the same issue when im working with the IDOC_AAE adapter. i was unable to load the Metadata from RWB. but the scenario worked.. dont know how and why.. now it is in production.. running successfully.. since last 4 months..

I tried the options suggested by Grzegorz and indrajit.. it didn't worked in my case..

we created the OSS and SAP suggested to install the latest patch.. but not success..

So first try the options as suggested by the other members.. if it didn't worked.. just complete the remaining development and run the scenario and see..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Is your PI single or double stack? For double, use t-code IDX2 to delete the IDoc metadata, then it will be downloaded again by PI automatically. For single stack, use the following procedure:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/50/980951964146f1a7f189b411796bae/content.htm

I've also found something interesting here - I'm not sure if this is still true, that reply is over one year old already.

Regards,

Grzegorz