cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Policy > Conditions > Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to look for documentation that have information about the attribute in rule policy>conditions but have no luck in the finding.

Do anyone have the documentation that show how can we add attribute of conditions in rule policy?

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For standard:

Check the below link in pg 46

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001056012011E.PDF

For custom:

Got Web UI>Service operations>Rule policies search for Approval management.delivered Rule policy AI_CM_CR_RFC_STE. you can get hint how to set the conditions and actions at

Also check the lastest SP10 -Approval Management Policy

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/10/31/new-charm-feature-wi...

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik ,

@ Remy

By default, this should work automatically, addition to the guide he mentioned above refer the sap note 1585324,

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the advice. Yes,I am looking on how to set the condition and action through custom setting but there are nothing in the standard.

We are trying to configurethe conditions attribute based on request of change category.

Example :: If let say some category in request of change been choose the approval will route to the represent manager.

Do you come across or experience this configuration before? Any documentation that might can help me?

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remy,

Not sure about your requirement , because you are trying to map approval procedure with category for selection manager.

Better check with SAP or Michael Vollmer .

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Good Day.

I would like to get your advice on CHARM Rule Policy, I have created a discussion Rule Policy > Conditions > Attribute and hope you can help to advice on this.

Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tze-Hup,

which category do you mean?

The 4 level categoirization (freely customizable, ORDER_CATEGORY) or the charm change category (scope, ChaRM_CHANGE_CATEGORY) or the change category (CHANGE_CATEGORY, like standard change, emergency change or planned change)?

So, I see the CHANGE_CATEGORY field in our leading SP system (SP10) but have to clarify with our product manager with which SP this is available. You could set f.e. in the approval step a specific business partner, then. That is available in the rule policy context 'Approval Procedure'.

But I as well saw the context 'Service Request Management'. There it is possible to route to a specific partner. Have never used it but maybe you can test if this works...hope that helps.

best regards,

Michael

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tze-Hup,

I spoke with my product owner, it is a bit more complicated. First I would like to share this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/fd/5a583275f24f9282a0b4f3c6334f73/content.htm

Second, I can give some (untested!) hints from my product owner.

• The context Service Request Management described is the correct one. The correct attribute is ORDER_CATEGORY.
  • But first you have to adept some customizing assign the application ID 'Rule Modeler' in the categorization schema, so you can use this in the rule policy.
  • Then in the IMG activity 'Assign Dispatching Rule Profile to Transaction Types' you have to enter your transaction type with the rule profile.
  • And you have to define your service manager profile in IMG activity 'Define Service Manager Profiles'. Seems 'POLICY' has to be 'DEFAULT_ROUTE'.

Unfortunately, I do not have time to test this, so don't nail me on it, it's untested hints. Hope my product manager will post more.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael!

One additional comment from my side:

To my knowledge the name assigned to Property ID "Policy" is the name of the rule policy that you need to create. In the screenshot above it is called "DEFAULT_ROUTE".

You might as well also create your own service manager profile, by copying the existing one and assigning this service manager profile to your RfC transaction type (e.g. ZMCR)

The missing piece is still the question, how to trigger the dispatching process. In the incident, this is usually done via a "Dispatch" button. In your case you would like to trigger this automatically. Maybe this can be done via a PPF action? (I need to check that...)

If anyone else here in the community has an idea, please feel free to share!

Best regards

Tobias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that this is not the best way, but you can use it until you have the "official" solution 🙂

If I understand your problem in the right way, I think that you want to execute a PPF action when the user select some specific Multicategory.

============

The idea is:

• create a Zcatalog/code group/code,
  • assign the code of the Zcatalog to a specific Multicategory,
  • create a PPF action to execute a new PFAC rule (CodeA --> ApproverA -CodeB --> ApproverB)
  • (Optional)Schedule de PPF action based on the Code

============

Step0: You need to create a new Catalog in Solman, you can found the options in the

(SPRO-SOLMAN-IT Service Management-->Using Previous Transaction during transaction -->Define Catalog)

Step1: open your categorisation schema and select the root category,

Step2: go to Applications Area of the multicategory and a new entry, Application ID select your app, select subject profile and select your Z subject profile. (for this demo I;m using the Activity reason profile)

Step3:Check that your profile have the Subject profile Z created before(is showing ACT001 because is the technical name of Activity reason)

Step4: Open the category that you want to link to the action, and select in the subject code,Codegroup that you want to use

Step5:Check if the Technical value for Code/Catalg/Code Group is assigned in the right way.

Step6:CReate a PPF action who was executed automatically in an specific doc status, this PPF action need to call the PFAC with a custom rule, in the rule you can assign each ZCode to an specific approver

Step7(Optional): Open the Condition for your PPF action, and use the expression "Code&Reasons" to select your Z Catalog,

Keep in touch

BR

@WenSolman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remy,

Did you tried the above solutions? able to achieve the approval procedure auto determination using categorize schema selection.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

After future discussion we won't be implement this function at this moment but will keep it for enhancement. Will let you know if the solution work in future.

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

could you please give more detail of your requirement, what exact rule policy you are looking for?

please check this guide section 2.

Best regards

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I looking for AI_CM_CR_RFC_STE - Approval Management Policy.

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy