Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help on DMR,

1)     1) I want to skip inspection lot for 6-months, then where i need to mention the period details.

2)      2) I want to skip inspection lot for one-year for same vendor.

Could you please guide me where I need to maintain the settings.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You set this up in the field "Max. skip duration" in the skip stage.

Please read the help on this field VERY carefully.  It can be very confusing and easily misunderstood.

I've pasted it below.  The key to making this work is creating the second skip level.

Let me know if you have trouble figuring this out.

Craig

Maximum Skip Duration

Use

This field is used in the following ways:

To determine the current inspection stage at sample determination When the quality level is updated

The system first checks the number of skips and then the skip duration.

Inspection lot creation

At sample determination for a lot, if the number of allowed skips has not yet been reached, but the maximum skip duration has been reached or exceeded, the next stage in the sequence for accepted lots is taken as the current stage for the inspection lot. If this stage is another skip, then the next stage in the sequence for a rejected lot is taken as the current inspection stage. This means that the current inspection lot is due for inspection as a result of the maximum skip duration, although the quality level contains a skip as the next inspection stage.

Update of the quality level

The quality level is updated either at lot creation or when the usage decision is made. The update occurs independently of sample determination for an inspection lot (even if dynamic modification takes place at lot creation) and always occurs after the current inspection stage has been determined for the inspection lot. If the maximum skip duration has been reached or exceeded, when the quality level is updated, the system calculates the next inspection stage for the quality level of an accepted lot based on the same algorithm. This means that the following stage in the sequence for accepted lots is used as the next inspection stage. If this stage is a skip, the following stage in the sequence for a rejected lot is taken as the inspection stage for the quality level. Since this stage usually specifies an inspection, the next inspection lot is to be inspected.

Procedure

You have two options, irrespective of whether dynamic modification occurs at lot creation or when the usage decision is made:

Option 1

If you want to control the stage change at the skip stage, both by the number of skips and by the maximum skip duration and create for both criteria a stage change, define your dynamic modfication rule in the usual way (as described in example 1). Define an additional inspection (provided that dynamic modification takes place at lot creation).

Option 2

If you only want to interrupt the skip stage with a one-time inspection controlled by the maximum skip duration, you can assign an additional skip in the dynamic modification rule. This means that if the lot is accepted, the inspection stage always changes from one skip to another. At each stage change, if the maximum skip duration has been exceeded for an inspection lot, a one-time inspection of this lot takes place.

Examples

Example 1

Dynamic modification rule

Stage 1:    Initial inspection stage/Inspect

Accepted (OK)                  Rejected (Not OK)

Number of inspections: 1       Number of rejections: 1

New inspection stage : 2       New inspection stage: 1

Stage 2:    Skip

Number of skips   : 10         Number of rejections:  1

Max. skip duration  : 30 days  New inspection stages: 1

New inspection stage  : 1

Example 2

Dynamic modification rule

Stage 1:    Initial inspection stage/Inspect

Number of inspections: 1       Number of rejections: 1

New inspection stage:  2       New inspection stage : 1

Stage 2:    Skip

Number of skips : 32600        Number of rejections  : 1

max. skip duration : 30 Tage   New inspection stages : 1

New inspection stages : 3

Stage 3:    Skip

Number of skips   : 32600      Number of rejections: 1

max. skip duration  : 30 Tage  New inspection stage: 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks a lot for your input.

In the example 02: what about the New inspection stages in stage 3?

Regards,

Vijay

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's why this is confusing.  If you read the help, it says

"If the maximum skip duration has been reached or exceeded, when the quality level is updated, the system calculates the next inspection stage for the quality level of an accepted lot based on the same algorithm. This means that the following stage in the sequence for accepted lots is used as the next inspection stage. If this stage is a skip, the following stage in the sequence for a rejected lot is taken as the inspection stage for the quality level. Since this stage usually specifies an inspection, the next inspection lot is to be inspected."

In your scenario, the 3rd stage is only used as a place holder so to speak.  When Max days, (365) in 02 is reached, the system considers this like a rejection and moves to the next stage, (03). But since 03 is a also a skip, that is not allowed so it goes to Rejected path for 03.

It is confusing.  It sometimes take a few reviews to get it.  I'd test it too in a sandbox.  I hope that is clear.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DMR is used for change the Quality Level at lot creation or usage decision of lot. It is not used to skip the lot on period basis.

If you don't want to create the lot for particular vendor for specified period then make that vendor as certified vendor for that period with the help of Quality Info Record.

regards

Manish

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below linked document for better under stand the settings of DMR.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46551