cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

immediate planning run in APO when SO changes made

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have MTO and sales order comes to APO and planing will be done pl.ord will get generated. we have two times planning run in the night and morning 11 am. if any change's made to SO qty system is taking care in the next planning run and changing pl.ord accordingly. but user is asking for immediate planning run when changes made to SO qty irrespective of system planning run for those SO's. please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have only PPDS implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

Well, it has been my experience that the users don't understand the implications of such a request.  I would suggest that you validate exactly what they hope to accomplish by making such a change.

Anyhow, you can use Planning Procedure 3 or similar in your Product Masters.  If the standard  procedures are not suitable, you can create a custom Planning procedure.  IMG > APO > Supply Chain Planning > PP/DS > Maintain Planning Procedure.

Here is standard '3'

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

We have another legacy for production planning. the pl.ord will be transferred to legacy for further and production execution will happen in that system. conversion will be triggered from legacy.

whenever user is taking pl.ord to send the same to legacy found some differences of qty between SO & pl.ord. this is the issue. Because it will change in the next planning run for open pl.ord (not firmed)

Is there any solution for

when SO is open the pl.ord for same cant be firmed or cant be processed further etc. because SO qty may change later. again for each and every case we may not have to stop but how to control only for Qty changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49

please let me know what kind of complications we may face if we go for planning procedure 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

Is there any solution for when SO is open the pl.ord for same can't be firmed or can't be processed further etc. because SO qty may change later. again for each and every case we may not have to stop but how to control only for Qty changes.

??? You want that whenever the sales order is open, that the planned order can't be firmed or can't be processed further?????  How do you intend to supply the sales order without processing further? 

Anyhow, to answer your question, I am not aware of any standard solution that will prevent planned orders from being firmed; in neither ECC nor SCM.  You would have to pursue an enhancement.  In my humble opinion, this would take you down a path of unnecessary work and expense.  You should allow PP/DS to manage the orders in the way it was designed to if at all possible.  You could just instruct your planners not to manually firm orders in any systems; ECC or SCM or Legacy; this is the simplest solution.

We have another legacy for production planning. the pl.ord will be transferred to legacy for further and production execution will happen in that system. conversion will be triggered from legacy.

Although SAP does support this scenario, let me say from experience that whenever you attempt to perform planning in two systems, you are just asking for trouble.  You will discover scenarios that will be very difficult to resolve.  It is much better to pursue a strategy where ALL planning is performed in one and only one planning system.  Select ECC or Legacy or SCM to be the master of all planning, and then construct your solutions accordingly. 

If you are only talking about conversions from proposals to executables within legacy, this is usually not an issue.

whenever user is taking pl.ord to send the same to legacy found some differences of qty between SO & pl.ord. this is the issue. Because it will change in the next planning run for open pl.ord (not firmed)

Well, it is not clear to me what data you are attempting to synchronize between your legacy system and SCM (and no, don't tell me,  I don't really want to know about your legacy system).  However, if you send planned orders to legacy, and allow the interface to overwrite legacy planned orders, then the issue is only a matter of timing.  In most solutions, the interface between SCM and Legacy systems is not synchronous; e.g. it happens instead according to a predefined schedule. Planners normally synchronize their activities with the cadence of the interface; e.g. right after the interface has been completed, a planner would then perform whatever Planned>Production conversions that are necessary.  Alternatively, you could perform the task of conversion task within SCM, and then let the interface perform the conversion in Legacy.

please let me know what kind of complications we may face if we go for planning procedure 3.

You have a custom interface, and a custom Legacy planning system, about which I know nothing; and you want me to comment on what problems you will face?  I couldn't possibly provide a meaningful answer within the limited context of an SCN posting.  You might want to consider engaging some external resources to perform an evaluation of your existing SCM<>Legacy solutions.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using Custom Planning Procedure very successfully...

Thanks,

Subash