cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required details on Seeburger FTP Host Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Searching over SCN came to know that Seeburger has 2 FTP communication adapters FTP and FTP Host.

I can see only FTP in my PI server. Can some one share the information about FTP Host adapter and what VAN's are supported in the same ?

Thanks.

Rajiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

if the HostFTP-Adapter is installeld on your system, then you should see the following in your channels...

and as Message Protocol, you can select the following ones...

Standard, MVS, Amazon, HPUX, NOVELL, EBMX_ANX, EDISwitch, FordSolmis

Attached, you can find a Download-Link for the user manual of the HostFTP-Adapter to review the functionality

https://mft.seeburger.de:443/portal-seefx/~public/57def286-8acc-4d5b-bdd8-718a0e1a6e1b?download

Let me know if you have additional questions...

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what i was looking for.

Is the HostFTP part of the normal Seeburger installtion or not ?

If so please share the installtion docs / steps.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

the Host-FTP-Adapter is a separate Adapter that needs to be licensed directly with Seeburger as it is not on the SAP pricelist like most industry packages and technical adapters from Seeburger. Let me know if you need to discuss further.

The installation is easy and will be done like all other Seeburger-Adapters, which means

- Deploment of the SCA-Files

- Import of the Adapter Metadata

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for your time, in helping & providing the required information.

Our PI system needs to connect to GXS ICS VAN Server via FTPS with Implicit SSL, I expected Seeburger HOST FP would supported.

Thanks,

Rajiv.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

in this case, you should try with the Standard Seeburger FTP-Adapter. It has the two options MArkIII and Mark3000 which refer to the type of GXS-Servers in the background.

I have also used this adapter to connect to the newer GXS TGMS-Service (Trading Grid Messaging Service) in multiple cases.

So although the "naming" of teh GXS-Services has changed over time, the functionality and the possibilities to access have stayed the same in many cases.

Therefor, I would assume that you might also be able to access your "GXS ICS VAN Server via FTPS with Implicit SSL" by utilizing this Adapter (that you apparently have already available), since the option "FTPS with Implicit SSL" is already available since long time and can also be selected in the channel (see screenshot)

Check it out and please update this post to verify if it works.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a ton for the working solution and prompt response, changing the message protocol from Information Exchange to GEIS/GeMarkIII made the wonder  to connect to GXS TGMS and push / pull messages successfully.

Regards,

Rajiv.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

thank you for updating the post with the working solution.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)