cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element is updating different line items in asset acq. at the time of GRN & MIRO

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  All,

I would like to understand where do we  have the control on the fields that are updated on a line item.

The issue is as follows.

We have a PO with account assignment category as A (Asset.)

In the account assignment tab in PO the asset number, GL, WBS element is updated.

We have done the GR for this PO. entry is as follows.

Debit                     Asset Account ------------------------- (WBS is updated in this line)

Credit                    GR/IR Account

We have done the IR for this PO, entry is as fllows.

Debit                     GR/IR Account ------------------------- (WBS is updated in this line)

Credit                    Vendor Account

Can someone please tell me if the WBS being updated in these lines is correct in the above example. But as a accounting terminolgy at the final stage if any cost object will be coming debit it should come before credit,but what i given example above cost object is coming two times debit.

If not, where to check the config… and how to correct it.

If someone can explain how and which fields are updated when we poste a invoice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220517
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

No CO document gets posted during IR processing Even though WBS updated in GR/IR account line.

It post when we issue material to network.

Thanks.

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly update any one.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinvas,

The GR is correct, the IR should only modify the asset or WBS if there is a difference price between GR and IR, could you check this?

Regards

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your reply, I checked in the system and there is no difference in amount of GRN and IR.

It was a doubt to clear that why WBS element is getting two times debit.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check your controlling document assigned to your FI document ( the second one). I don't think the system has generated a contolling doc assigned to it, I think this is a balance posting and the WBS is informed ( because comes from the GR) but it is not a "accounting" element in this Balance posting.

I think your posting is correct and only in the first one ( GR) the cost is reflected in the WBS,

Regards,

Clara