cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DynPro Applications in Netweaver 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to get your inputs on the following concern: We currently have a system running on SAP NW 2004s which is interfaced with custom portal (DynPro) applications. Upon migration to NW 7.2, we did not encounter any problems in terms of program checks, compilation and execution of the custom Portal applications. However, when we upgraded to NW 7.3, we observed errors in the compilation of the applications but with no error messages during execution of program checks. We just want to clarify:

1. If there is a way to migrate these old portal applications to NW7.3, if so, what are the critical requirements (we tried checking OSS but came up empty-handed);

2. or if there is no other recourse but to rebuild the portal applications using NW7.3 as the platform.

Feel free to respond if further information is required. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm with Sir Rodel Celo's team. I already tried to implement the links/documents that you provided, and it was failed. I encountered this error in building/deploying the WD application.

But when I'm creating WD from scratch, I'm not encountering any error. It deploys successfully.

Thanks,

Jolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these notes...

OSS 1234847 - Analysing WebDynpro session LockException

OSS 1688991 - How To Test A WebDynpro Java Application Outside The Enterprise Portal

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/sathya/2013/03/07/force-language-in-standard-mss-webdynpro-page-in-ep-73.pd...

OSS 1911889 - Standard Mode support for WebDynpro Java applications running under portal UFP

OSS 1800901 - SLT: 500 Connection timed out after logging into WebDynpro via transaction LTR

BR,

Prabhakar

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that you need to make use of the PAR Migration tools and then then deploy them using telnet or deploy script in NW 7.3.

Here are some of the note that would help you.

1702105 - Migration to 7.3 :Classic Framework Masthead - Runtime Error

1715997 - Migrated application not visible in the Portal Content Catalog

1548124 - Migration to SAP Netweaver Portal 7.3 - PAR Conversion Fails

But if non of the above helps please try to redevelop it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol