cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS + Content Server: Attachments not showing up in filesystem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to use Generic Object Services to attach PDF documents to Sales Orders in VA02/VA03. Normally, the attachments would be saved in the database but we would like to have them stored on the Application Server host filesystem using SAP Content Server.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Installed SAP Content Server 6.40 + Max DB 7.7.07.46 (Although Max DB is not necessary, we are keeping it for future demos)

2. Enabled GOS by adding the parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE = X to the user profile in SU01.

3. Created the Content Repository "ZD" in OAC0 with the following parameters:

Document Area = ArchiveLink

Storage Type = HTTP Content Server

Version No. = 0046

HTTP Server = <CS hostname>

Port Number = 1090

HTTP Script = ContentServer/ContentServer.dll

Basic Path = E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global

Phys. Basic Path = E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global

Archive Path = E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global

Phys. Arch.Path = E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global

4. Created the Content Repository in CSADMIN with the following settings:

ContentStorageHost = localhost

ContentStorageName = <SID of Content Server>

ContRepRoot = E:\usr\sap\CSD\reproot

Storage = FileSystemStorage.dll

Security = 1

5. Verified that the connection test to the Content Repository was successful.

6. Created the Global Document Type "ZTSTDOCTYP" in OAC2 and set the Document Class to "PDF".

7. In OAC3, linked the Object Type "BUS2032" (Sales Order) to the Document type "ZTSTDOCTYP" and Content Repository "ZD". For the other parameters, L = X and Link = TOA01.

8. In OACT, I created the Category "SOFFPHIO", and assigned it the Document Area "ARCHLINK" and Content Repository "ZD"

9. In SKPR08, for the Physical Document Class "SOFFPHIO", I assigned the category "SOFFHTTP"

When I attach a PDF to a Sales Order, I see references to the attchment in tables SOOD, SRGBTBREL, SOFM. No errors show up in SLG1.

Unfortunately, I don't see the documents in the reproot directory or the Archive Path. Did I miss anything? I've gone though the discussions on SCN and SAP Notes and I believe I've covered many of the mentioned steps already. If anyone has any additional methods to troubleshoot, it would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

What is the OS (Windows / Unix) you are using in which DMS Server is installed?.

I have used Windows / Unix at my recent clients with 'Document Management System' for Document Area. In this case the content storage to Content server is checked by logging in to the DB Instance configured in Content Server. You will see the Data (%), Log(%). So, in this case it is not the Original file itself that gets stored in content server, but in hexadecimal format which occupies X% space for storage. You may want to try the same, by checking with Basis team as noted below, to see if at all the Data is getting stored to Content server: 

- Take a screenshot of Max-DB UI - Prior to Uploading documents using any transaction. Data (%), Log(%)

- Upload few files (Ex: 10-15MB) and then Refresh the DB instance

- Check the Data (%), Log(%) after uploading the files.

In Step-3: Please select 'Filesystem' for Document Area

In Step-4: Please make sure the max-DB instance configured during Content server
installation is given as Contentstoragename.

Also, In Step-8: Try changing the Document Area to 'Filesystem'.

-Regards