cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate condition type not appearing in Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Seeking your help in Rebate Processing. The issue I face is that the Rebate condition type that I setup using Rebate agreement - VBO1 is not appearing in the billing document. Following are the tasks done by me.

1) Add Rebate condition type to the pricing procedure (SPRO->Sales And Dist->Billing->Rebate Processing->Condition Technique for Rebate Processing->Maintain Pricing Procedure. (My condition type is a customized one - for example ZO02 - Material Rebate)

2) Transaction VBO1-Create Rebate agreement for this type ZO02 Material Rebate for a Payer customer and a material.

3) I have ensured that the Customer master and the material master, Sales org, billing types are activated/relevant for Rebate.

4) Create a Std Sale order for the customer for whom the relevant payer partner is in the Rebate agreement

5) Create delivery

6) Create Invoice.

7) In the invoice, the ZO02 rebate condition type is not determined. The analysis does not show it as well.

😎 I tried to change the type to "Manual" and then re created invoice.

9) When I manually enter the conditon type, the error message I get is that the condition type is not defined in the pricing procedure.

Can you please help if I have missed something?

Thanks a ton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

Apart from above steps following configurations are missing. Please do the same and update the thread. This configuration is required you are using a customized condition type.

You have assign your rebate condition type to Condition type group.

SPRO: Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Rebate Processing -> Rebate Agreements -> Condition Type Groups -> Assign Condition Types/Tables To Condition Type Groups

You also need to assign the Condition type group to your rebate agreement type.

SPRO: Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Rebate Processing -> Rebate Agreements -> Condition Type Groups -> Assign condition type groups to rebate agreement types

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. Those configs were already available. I confirmed just now. I feel something to do with Pricing procedure but not able to figure out.

Regards,

Shriram

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

If that is the case then please check the following points:

• The definition of Rebate Agreement with proper customer and condition type
  • The Sold-to party should be activated for Rebate
  • The validity period of rebate agreement and material on which the rebate condition is defined
  • In Sales document, select an item and click on Pricing. Click on Analysis. Check the pricing procedure name on the top and ensure your condition is added to this pricing procedure after all standard rebate conditions and with the same requirements.

Let us know about these points.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shriram,

Please find the below treads which may be helpful.

I hope the above will resolve your issue.

Sukant Chakraborthy: Please let me know why you are asking to remove the requirement 24 against the rebate condition type?.how that helpful please clarify?

As a standard Rebate condition types are determined only in billing document which is controlled by requirement 24.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

It is to check that the condition type  reflects in the  sales document , as we know the condition type will be in inactive status in sales order & will be active in billing doc.

Thanks

Sukant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

Apart from above suggestion, just try out , remove requirement in your pricing procedure and run the cycle, check the condition type appears in your order.

Also, check following

- SAP Note 75778 - Consulting/troubleshooting for rebate processing

- Rebate Processing in SAP.

Thanks

Sukant

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiram,

1. In V/08, check in the pricing procedure (getting determined in your sales order) if condition type ZO02 is assigned.

2. Create a new sales order, at line item level, Tab Conditions, check if rebate condition type is being populated.

Here the value of the rebate condition type should be statistical.

Note - If the rebate condition type does not populate in the sales order, then you have to check at this stage; no need to go further with delivery, billing.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

To the best of my knowledge, Rebate condition appears only in Billing document so it want appear in Sales order. This is because in standard pricing the Requirement is attached to this conditions which make them to appear in billing document only.

Regards,

Amit

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

As per Amit's suggestion you have got the reason of why Rebate is not Populating.

Now, I will suggest, can you please create a new Customer and run the cycle again? Just to be sure that if we ignore this Master Data issue then how it works as standard.

Run transaction OVB3 and then try again with the same earlier payer.

Hi TW,

If standard Requirement 24 is assigned to Rebate Condition type, then it will be only populated in Billing Document and not in Sales Order.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit, MJ,

Thank you for your comments! Yes you are correct about requirement 24 and rebate condition type populating in billing document (and not in sales order).

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) Transaction VBO1-Create Rebate agreement for this type ZO02 Material Rebate for a Payer customer and a material.

First step:Please you check whether the material and the payer in billing are same as in Rebate agreement?

Second step: Please you check whether the pricing date  in billing are same as in Rebate agreement?

relataion link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/REBATES+TROUBLESHOOTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit, Jack,

Thanks. I have checked all these. Actually, in the billing document, I was seeing at a wrong place. When I checked the item-conditions, I could see that the rebate condition type was available in the analysis. But it says "Payer not relevant for Billing". This is strange. Because, I have the sold to party and also the payer - marked for Rebate in the Customer master->Sales Area->billing Documents tab.

I also checked the complete customer hierarchy for the customer (Sold to party and also the payer). The complete hierarchy, :I can see is marked as Relevant foor billing in the customer master.

But I still get the error as Payer not relevant for rebate in the Billing document-conditions - Analysis.

Any thoughts?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shriram,

1. What is the exact error message?

Payer not relevant for billing?

OR

Payer not relevant for rebate?

Please paste the screenshot of the Analysis, pricing in your sales order billing document, item level. (which has the error message)

2. Check in XD03, give the sales area (given during creation of sales order) and check if the payer is relevant for rebate.

3. For clarity, are you able to create the billing document?

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - some corrections done!

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

Can you please paste the error message screen shot?

Regards,

Amit