cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense Processes via ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am new to SAP HR and want some help understanding how to execute Travel Management via ESS.

I have executed the process in ECC which is as follows:

1) Enter Travel Expenses in PR05

2) Approve & Settle them

3) Transfer to Accounting using PRFI & PRRW

However PR05 doesnt work in ESS.

Our Technical consultant has helped us to add a few Web Dynpro objects to create Travel Expenses via ESS which dont work correctly.

Hence I would like to get input from you guys to understand what config/settings need to be done which can help us execute the above process via ESS portal.

Please provide me your input.

Thanks

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we will be happy to help you if you describe your problem in detail.

general info:

as of EHP2, you can run WD ABAP without portal on top.

In SFW5, travel objects need to be activated

In SICF, services FIT* must be active

Your user must have persnr connected using IT0105/ sub0001

then you can right click on FITE_EXPENSES or FITV_POWL_TRIPS in SICF and test it. Browser should open and forward to WD ABAP application. If PR05 is working without errors, ESS should be working too. If not, follow the error message like "no entry in table..." and correct them.

If WD ABAP is running, next level is to connect to portal. You need portal roles for the users and some PCN config pointing to travel system and client. Remember to use PCN navigation per enhancement package, not the main folder which is still pointing to WD JAVA; ending up in errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

i have managed to enter a Trip Expense thru ESS using WDA (FITE_REQUEST)

The trip shows "Completed" in PR05. So far so good.

Now when I go to option "My Trips & Expenses" (WDA = FITV_POWL_TRIPS), the progress bar on the screen keeps running. Check the snapshot. Not sure what is happening.

Any suggestions.

Also would like to know what settings are needed so that

the manager of the employee will be able to approve/settle the trip thru MSS or some option in Web Dynpro which can be accessed thru the browser.

Thanks for your time.

Vinit

0 Kudos

Which version do you have for Travel (EA_HR on 605? Basis on 702?) if my guess is right then take a look at KBA  1806905  there are a number of POWL corrections depending on the basis release also and you can configure the POWL refresh through tcode POWL_QUERY, (remember to clear the test user POWL cache before re-testing first using POWL_D01)

Regards your 2nd query with approver, there are roles also required for approver and also the config is discussed in note 1076144 in the ABAP migration guide for trip form etc too.

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which authorization/ role is used for user trying to open POWL? SAP standard roles SAP_FI_TV_WEB_* are not fully sufficient and need to be adjusted. If you are using SAP_ALL, it will be different issue.

For approval, you can go with FITV_POWL_APPROVER, which I personally do not really like due to various functional restrictions. This will simply select employess assigned to manager and their trips in status 1/1 or 3/1. So it is not an option for multi-level approval or complex organizations. Adjustment of standard texts for infomails etc. is very restricted.

Other option is to go with workflow, which is more flexible regarding manager assignment, status handling and information flow. You can approve with SBWP in GUI or UWL in portal.

rgds, Michael

Answers (0)