cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SAP Travel Expense Report mobile application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting an error while using the SAP Travel Expense Report mobile application on my iPhone.

The application components are installed in the backend as well as gateway system.

The mobile application is activated successfully and I am able to sign into the application.

But I am getting an error while fetching the trip data for my user. The exact error is :

Network error

Invalid data receieved;try refreshing or contact your administrator.

Nothing much is mentioned in the logs which will describe the root cause of this error.

I am not sure how to debug/analyse this issue.

Any pointers to resolve this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting other data using the app ?

Make sure basis team given all required roles to the user as mentioned in the RDS documents. For troubleshooting you can go for debugging of Odata service. The SAP Travel Expense Report is based on Odata, so you must have deployed add ons related to it in SAP system. Dig into it and check which service is called while fetching trip data and debug it. I think you can find logs in SAP also.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for your reply.

The Basis team has given all the necessary roles to my user as mentioned in the installation guide.

I am not getting any data using the app yet. Once the login is successful, I am getting the above mentioned error.

I tried debugging the ODATA service, but its getting redirected to some other URL and after that I am not able to debug further.

In Application logs, I could see some exceptions being generated but not sure what is the root cause for the same.

Exception of type /IWFND/CX_SODATA has occurred. See details for more information

Exception of type /IWCOR/CX_DS_INTERNAL_ERROR has occurred. See details for more information

When I see the details, only this much information is maintained.

Message details:

In the context of Data Services an unknown internal server error occured

Not sure how to proceed further.

Thanks,

Ramanath

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the case of SAP released standard apps most issues comes only from backend systems because of missing some steps while deploying addons or missing or configurations. The error mentions error in /IWFND/CX_SODATA. I think CX_SODATA is a service. Since the app is registering to SUP and error comes while fetching data something is missing in the backend configuration. The only way here is debugging the odata service and looking at the logs in SAP server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I put the break-point in the appropriate class in backend system but the break-point is not reached.

Able to debug the netweaver gateway class "/IWFND/CL_SODATA_HTTP_HANDLER" but not the backend system.

There are no logs as well in the /IWFND/VIEW_LOG regarding this.

Thanks,

Ramanath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

First make sure that all the Gateway/backend services are working properly.

1. Validate the services in SAP(Go to transaction /IWFND/SRV_VALIDATE and Enter the service document identifier in the Service Document Name) and validate,If GW services are working properly then you will get HTTP 200 success code.

2. You can also test the services using a REST Client.

Also,In which mode you have activated the services,compatible mode(SDATA) or standard mode(OData)?

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I validated the services in SAP and I got HTTP 200 except the 3.

MileageCollection : Trip does not exist - Error code 400

ReceiptCollection : Trip does not exist - Error code 400

TripAttachmentCollection : Method 'GET_ENTITYSET' not implemented in data provider class  - Error code 500

The services are activated in the Standard Mode.

Note: while validating the service, all the "break-points" which I had put in the backend system were reached. But the same is not happening when I connect using the mobile device.

Thanks,
Ramanath

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to keep an external break point, log in with same user as mobile user to trigger the break point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done that.. still the breakpoint is not reaching..

Not sure if the request is even reaching the backend system or not.

~ Ramanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

If your Backend and Gateway system is different then you have to put a breakpoint for the user given in RFC connection(GW -> Backend) settings.

Also GW services are not able to fetch the data as you are getting http 400 error in service validation.

You can try activating GW services in compatible mode and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I debugged the reason behind the errors I am getting during service validation.

1) MileageCollection: In the method GET_ENTITYSET of the class /GBTRV/CL_TER_MILEAGE, following code is returning the exception "Trip does not exist".

And the reason is : the attributes employeenumber and tripnumber both are blank.

READ TABLE it_key_tab ASSIGNING <ls_key> WITH KEY name = gc_coll_mileage-employeenumber-ext.
IF sy-subrc IS INITIAL.
    ls_bea_control-employeenumber = <ls_key>-value.
  ENDIF.

READ TABLE it_key_tab ASSIGNING <ls_key> WITH KEY name = gc_coll_mileage-tripnumber-ext.
  IF sy-subrc IS INITIAL.
    ls_bea_control-tripnumber = <ls_key>-value.
  ENDIF.

2)ReceiptCollection: Same as above.

3) TripAttachmentCollection: In the GET_ENTITYSET method of the class /GBTRV/CL_TER_TRIPATTACHMENT, following code is written which is throwing the exception.

* In case you added your implementation remove this line.
RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE /iwbep/cx_mgw_not_impl_exc.

Now the question is: Do I need to add any custom implementation to make this work?? I can remove this line which will stop the exception being raised, but will that solve my problem??

Regarding the first 2 errors, is there any SAP Note/correction which I need to implement to make it work?

I am not really sure if these are the errors because of which I am getting "Incorrect Data Received" error on my mobile device. I do not have any trips created for my user in the backend system, so ideally I should be seeing the blank screen when I login to this application on my device. The + sign (to add the new trip) is also disabled on the screen, so I am not able to create a new trip as well using the mobile application.

Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ramanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Hope you have done all the business configurations mentioned in the implementation guide.It looks like Data configuration issue.

Is your backend configured properly?

Also, Please try activating Services in compatible mode and test your services,If its not working then revert back again to standard mode.(Let me know if it works)

As per my understanding you don't need to do any custom implementation unless you have specific requirement which is not supported out of the box.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge