cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i can recover delete file system /usr/sap/SID without any restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert,

By mistake i have delete file system /usr/sap / all the file and directories.

in one host there were 5 different application server were installed and one of xyz application i was trying to uninstall manually in /usr/sap/ file system . which also included other 4 different SID application.

by mistake i used command in /usr/sap > sudo rm -rf * /usr/sap/xyz

and i thought only this sid will be delete but unfortunately it's delete all the sid which installed in /usr/sap/ file system.database was on different host it didn't effect any things

how i can recover those SID application ?

is it possible to installed only application which without any interrupt for each sid?

how i can recover delete file system /usr/sap/SID without any restore ? because there were 4-5 SID application

Do you think Unix team take this file system backup ?

please give me proper solution for this issue.

thanks & regard

zahoor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Most of the companies running SAP systems take file system backups as well especially for the /usr/sap/SID file system.

You should check for the backups scheduled on the system and check whether the file system is included in that. If yes then restore it from the backup.

Unfortunately there is no way you can recover data deleted from the file system level other than a restore (as far as I know).

Additionally if this is an ABAP system there shouldn't be much problem as there is no application data stored in this file system.

There will be the kernel executable files (local), the trace files, etc.

I suggest you to restart all the systems after creating the directories that are supposed to be there and see if that helps.

if this is a Java system then you will need to do a restore the file system from the backup for the application data, configuration files and also for SAP Java administration tools.

Regards

RB