cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the standard way to confirm inbound IDoc ARTMAS immediately?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I need to send processing status of incoming ARTMAS to a non-SAP-system. Is there a standard way of confirming ARTMAS IDoc immediately? By confirm I mean application acknowledgement!

So far, I was looking at ALEAUD, but...

It seems ALEAUD can only be triggered by program RBDSTATE, which doesn't fulfill requirement "immediately".

In addition, ALEAUD does not always contain the concerning article number, but the non-SAP system needs this number to process the status.

I was searching for standard workflow tasks to generate any kind of confirmation message/IDoc, without luck.

Any of you experts know how to configure such a confirmation/acknowledgement in standard?

Thanks and best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Some BOR objects have an additional method "SaveReplica" that you could potentially use as a basis for (positive) application acknowledgement. I've checked that there is no such method for BOR object RetailMaterial, but maybe you could use method Clone (BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT, IDoc ARTMAS outbound) or SaveAdditionalsReplicas (BAPI_ADDITIONAL_MAINTAINDATA, IDoc MMADDI outbound) instead?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice idea thanks...

The only problem is when validation fails for a Create operation. No article is created and no object can be cloned. In this case, I have to return the application log or ALEAUD information - this would be all I need for either create or change.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If no one else has any ideas... I'm going to create a copy of RBDSTATE where I can select a specific IDoc to confirm.

I'm going to invoke this copy in a workflow task triggered by an event after the IDoc has been processed.