cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

without removing validation of business area is there any way to void the check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I have on scenario where check has cut in 2010 and business would like to void now and reissue again.

payment document is posted with bus area 275 in 2010 which is now locked by validation.Due to validation business is not able to void the check  error is throwing as company code not allowed to post due to validation.

Business requirement: is to they do not want to re open the locked business area.asking us to find a way to void the check without open validation.

Can you please suggest.

Thank you,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant answer Trinath,

I sent resolution steps to the business,let see what feed they will give to the our proposal.

i mentioned like this in my proposal.

1) kindly create a new document number with reference to 2010 document number through t-code  "FBR2"

2) create new check with reference to the created new doc number through FBR2 in the above stepy through FCH5

3) Souffle the check no. through t code  " FCHT" in this

new check number will assign to old doc. no. where as old chaque no will assign to new doc. Number

4) Then void the old check through FCH8 which is assigned to in new document number with the above FCHT

5) the created new check will be assigned to old document number which is again open with same as like old check  along with past 2010 date.

If you wanted to reissue new check to the vendor by today date

this is continuous procedure from step 1

6) create another new document with the reference to the old document number through FBR2 same as 1)

7) create new check again with reference to the new document which is created above thorugh  FBR2  step 6)

😎 Souffle the check no. through t code  " FCHT" in this

Give newly create check at  step   2) as well as give another check which is created step at 7)

So you will be got finally one check available to pay with new document number and old 2010 check would be voided and another new check is also open with old payment document number which you cannot pay because the old document is past date 2010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kiran,

If your issue resolved then please close the issue

Thanks

Trinath Gujari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thrinath,

Still business is kept under review,they have come up with accounting impact.

what about the original payment doc accounting entry if we create new pay doc with refer to that.Old doc remain has accounting impact how ever new created doc will be reversed when we void the check.

I'll close this once business come up with sol, Even If they don't accept .

Thanks,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per your question which mentioned above as my under standing please correct if i am wrong

you had create one document number xxxx

with a check number xxxx

and a barea as   275

and set a validation for the year 2010 set a message as ""do not allow to void the check""

now in 2013 you want to void that check

solution:

1) kindly create a new document number with reference to 2010 document number through tcode      "FBR2"

2) Maintained new chaque entry through FCH5 of new document number

3) Souffle the check no. through t code  " FCHT" in this

new chaque number will assign new doc. no. where as old chaque no will assign

new doc. number

4) Then void the old check through FCH8 which is assign in new document number.

5)  once again do FCHT to do once again chaque souffle.

Hope this will solve your issue

Thanks & Regards

Trinath Gujari