cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid URL override for iFrame, webdynpro and Url Chip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Indeed it is very powerful to create Chip pages with embedded websites or webdynpros in it. But I noticed a particularly annoying behaviour.

You can see it yourself with the EPM demo content (role SAP_BC_EPM_DEMO) when you open the first link "Home". It is a Chip page, built with the ABAP Page builder, which contains at the right an iFrame Chip linked to the SCN (scn.sap.com).

The problem is: when the chip page is loading, it will be overwritten by the SCN page. No more Chip page, no more chips.

The javascript redirection is to blame (or another redirection mechanism ...). It is the same problem with SAP BO openDocument.jsp page.

Therefore, you can only include some web content in a chip but no BO server stored document, no redirecting websites etc ...

Does someone found a way to avoid this behaviour ? Does SAP know about this flaw and plane to correct it ?

Thank you.

PS: I tried several things (like using a frame in a BSP, webdynpro, etc etc) but I couldn't fix it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you had any luck resolving this?

Currently I am trying to load documents into iFrames and for IE and Chrome I experience the issue where the open document js is trying to take over the browser by setting top.location instead of self.location.

I found the js error in file by sandboxing the iFrame so I know for sure that it is not in any of the authentication or redirection I do.

Strange thing is that it works fine in firefox...

In opendocument.faces I get the error with the code shown in the screenshot

I will be interested to hear if you or anyone found a good solution.

Thanks