cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When we design/edit planning book through /SAPAPO/SDP8B, at last we use button "Complete" (F8) to save the PB or changes done in data view.

Can anybody please suggest, where is the configuration settings to have the "Complete" button available on screen. I dont see this button option in last tab i.e. key figure where I can save the changes made.

Earlier I thought it's authorization issue but it's not I believe.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Is this a productive system (locked in SCC4)?  This button is typically disabled in locked systems.

If you wish to keep your system locked, but you also wish to be able to change the planning book(s), SAP offers an enhancement spot to override this default behavior.  See OSS note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1049566

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Thanks and nice to see your reply (you are one gem of a person in APO; I always refer your replies) to my thread.

Actually the "Complete" button option in open for me in DEV system and not in QA and Production. We need to change the date on data view for PB which can be direct entry in production (cannot transport dates change DEV>QA>PROD to avoid transformation of entire PA and associated macros for that PB in production.

In SCC4, I see the respective client entries for all three environments.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thanks for your kind words.

I will assume that the authorization you have in Dev is the same as the authorization you have in Qual. 

If that is the case, I don't know what else you want me to suggest.  Your symptoms imply that your QA system is also locked (this is common).  

Either you have Basis open the system(s) in SCC4 for the systems where you need this PB 'change' functionality, or you implement the enhancement spot that I suggested earlier.  Your choice.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB,

I have configured SCC4 exactly in QAL exactly as in DEV but no luck.

FYI...

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

It is a possibility that your DEV system's settings in SE03 allow changes to the SCM application component, but the similar settings in QA do not.  You can review the settings in table DLV_SYSTC. I strongly believe you should be consulting with your basis team to address these types of issues.  It is generally considered a poor practice for non-Basis analysts to be making changes to SCC4 or SE03 system settings.

You didn't certify yet that your DEV authorization is the same as your QA authorization.  Is it?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Yes my DEV authorization is similar QA.

I had checked the SCC4 and changes with basis only. Also, basis team has confirmed that the spot you suggested (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1049566) in already implemented in all the three environments.

Will ask to basis to check on your alternative suggestions.

Thansk you.

Regards,

Deepak Girme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

BASIS team has done the settings as you suggested and the 'Complete' option is now available in QA for me.

Thank you for your help.

Appreciate your in-depth knowledge and solution to every point in APO.

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You are not having authorization to make changes and that is the reason "complete" button will show up.

Please ask security team to make you changeable then you will able to have a button complete.

Please let me know if you have any question

Regards,

Rajesh