Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI, test Integration Builder object

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First to let you know I am completely new to PI hence my question is rather basic.

I have a requirement to create a PI scenario to pick up a file from AL11 and send it to another server. Within the Integration Builder I have create a scenario, with 2 new Communication Channels, and also completed the Integrated Configuration, and activated my objects.

The next step is I would like to test my object but I have no idea how. I see on the 'Tools' menu path there is an 'Test Configuration' icon, but am not sure that is exactly what I want to do. Essentially I want to see, if I execute my PI scenario, if the file gets picked up from AL11 and sent to the other server. How do I execute my scenario? How do I then see/monitor the result i.e. if it fails or if it is successful?

All help massively appreciated.

Regards,

Glen. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

If you dont have access to the target file system the only way to check that the file has been desposited is the communication channel monitoring:

Although the file has been right deposited you will need to contact with someone who has access because sometimes any error could be happen with special characters or with windows/linux conversions, etc.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

The best way to test FILE -FILE  scenario is to put the sender communication channel in Processing Mode = Test, in this way the file will no be removed in the sender side and it will pooled in each pool step.  When you check that the scenario works fine you can to rechange this parameter to desired one.

Regards.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. What transaction do I use to execute my Configuration Scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Just place the files in source directory and check whether files are picking by Sender CC and check the files are placing the target directory by Receiver CC. 

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your reply.

I put a file in the source directory, and I see it has been picked up and sent, and subsequently deleted from AL11. So this part is working.

I don't have access to the target directory. Where in PI do I go to check the success/failure of this?