Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project coding mask with a special identification method

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in a ship manufacturing industry.The issues is to create a coding mask in the way as follows:
N /1311010001 is project definition Id. And its subsequent WBS will be like N /1311010001-2345 , N /1311010001-3423 ,N /1311010001-....  and so on

In this 13 is the year,11 is month,01 is vessel type and 0001 is the sequence number of incoming vessel.
This sequence number needs to be generated automatically but sequentially for every next vessel coming inside the plant and so on.

Also, for a vessel coming in february,next year then the coding mask must allow to create project id as  N /1402010002  and so on.

Where last four characters 0002 is the next sequence number.

The purpose of this modification is for informatory purpose only. I am not sure if it is possible...

Kindly suggest me the possibility,if any, to map this in the system..

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry ,I forgot to close and post the solution.

I achieved it by using a mix of SHDB recording,CJ01 t-code, a custom screen to create project with running number in addition to numerical value entered for respective fields(which call recording of project creation in background with a running number of four digits in the end of project id.)

Thanks.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am not sure how automtically change the number sequence from 13 to 14. but you may have to change manually to have new series.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar.

Thanks for your reply.

Even I am not sure how to kickstart to work on it. As I am not sure whether it is possible or not.

If possible,then which way,standard or development?

Regards

Saurabh

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

There is an alternative if you can adopt this !!!!!!

If you use coding mask N /1311010.001 instead of N /1311010001     as project definition then you case will be a lot easier. Though i don't know whether you are trying to create a new coding mask or this is an existing coding mask.

Rgds,

Soubhagya

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S. Rout,

We are not going to touch existing coding mask.

Ok,I can use N /1311010.001 in my coding mask. And for a vessel coming next year, system must be adaptable to use N /1402010002.  Will that be feasible?

Regards

Saurabh

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Tough one. I think it's not possible in standard SAP, but you can opt for an enhancement.

Try to explore the structure CN00, the logic behind the "propose" field. You may get some clue.

Rgds,

Soubhagya