cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logviewer timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to launch the Logviewer from Server -> Services in Visual administrator it does not work anymore. Here is the error message:

Caused by: com.sap.engine.frame.cluster.message.ResponseTimedOutException: Participant 324,017,650 did not return a response in the specified timeout of 100,000 ms.

Where is that timeout set? It has always taken awhile to bring up the logviewer but not this long....

I have manually deleted all logs from j2ee/cluster/server0/log on the servers in the cluster. That did not change anything.

Please help.

-AD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ServerLogDirectory.xml is located under temp folder of your OS. I am with Windows and it is under C:/tmp on UNIX I have seen it under /tmp. In the newer SPs this xml is not used anymore and was substituted with by a separate .xml for evry cluster node (server or dispatcher). New xml are located on the same place an theyr name ends like this xxx_lv_.xml .

Witch SP do you have currently and where there any upgrades on your system or you installed it directly with the current SP version ?

greetings Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on 6.40 SP19.

I found the files under /tmp on Unix and c:\tmp on Windows (homegenous cluster), both the old format (ServerLogDirectory.xml) and the new xxx_lv_.xml.

Removing the old files solved the problem. Thanks a lot! Points awarded.

-AD

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw there is a new tool for administration called NetWeaverAdministrator that is located under the \nwa alias. There is also a LogViewer available (System Management -> Monitoring -> Logs and Traces).

It shows all logs from all cluster nodes together not like the one from VA where you select specific server or dispatcher. With it you can also create your own view by saving some search criaterias for future use.

greetings Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if under your %TEMP% folder there is a file ServerLogDirectory.xml and move it from there by backuping it somewhere else. Also check if there are not to files in the \dispatcher\log\archive folder.

greetings Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no ServerLogDirectory.xml anywhere on any of the nodes, and I already have deleted all files in the log/archive for both dispatcher and server.

-AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope this is helpful:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ee/b994426b44c56ae10000000a155106/content.htm

The path of properties file is :

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<Instance number>/j2ee/admin/logviewer-standalone/server/LogViewerServer.properties file

Search for Logviewer_SessionExpiration.

Please award points if answer was helpful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those parameters does not specify this timeout.

-AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Log Viewer service runs both on dispatchers and server processes.

parameter Logviewer_SessionExpiration default value : 1800

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logviewer_SessionExpiration is set to the default 1800. The timeout in the error message is different, so it must be a different parameter. But thanx anyway.

-AD