cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML Setup for PI Web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an Spares Online Ordering Interface in PI. Where Web Portal enables external users to get their customer specific prices for spare parts, add parts to an order, and directly submit the order in SAP.

Here the flow is Web-service to Proxy, (Portal to SAP).

We would really want to consider End-End user authentication and hence like to use Principal Propagation concept using SAML for Web-service in PI.

As the sender system is portal (web-service) can we go with SOAP adapter?? or to work with SAML should we need to really use WS adapter.

Please suggest and if possible please guide us with some documentation on this POC.

Thanks

Anjani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, but i have gone through the above threads already...

This is really new concept for me.. hence it would be great if some one can provide better documentation.

In our POC, the sender system is Portal, hence we want to go with SOAP, but i have found in some threads that SOAP doesn't support SAML.( is it confimed??).  But we cannot use WS adapter for portal system too.

Hence please suggest better option, which adapter to go with at the sender side for SAML webservice..

Thanks

Anjani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anjani,

I would also recommend WS adapter. But first of all you need some Identity Provider. I think SAP IDM 7.2 could serve as one, otherwise you'll need an external one. Then you need to set up the systems, configure trusted systems and exchange certificates. This is more important than choosing the adapter type.

The guide on help.sap.com is pretty good though and should help you to perform these steps.

Regards,

Jörg

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjani,

the below discussion will be helpful

http://scn.sap.com/message/13870535

Regards,

Harish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pyarasani,

Check this guide http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b04408cc-f10e-2c10-b5b7-af11026b2...

As far as i know Soap adapter does not support SAML security.

Regards.