cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Im getting an error shown below on click of download ot PDF hyper link, im using Itext jar file for generating PDF. Initially we had a sever in which this funcationality of generating PDF was working fine , now this server is being replaced by a new server and the basis team had copied all the contents from old server to new server, after coping all the contents ,they asked me to check if everything is fine but im getting this error on click of download to PDF , all other funcationalities are working fine please help me out to solve the below error.

No code is changed , and even pdf is still getting generated in the old sever. Kindly help me out to solve this issue.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method "com.lowagie.text.Document.add(Lcom/lowagie/text/Element;)Z" the class loader (instance of com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ApplicationLoader@407464) of the current class, com/lowagie/text/Document, and the class loader (instance of com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ApplicationLoader@349353) for interface com/lowagie/text/ElementListener have different Class objects for the type com/lowagie/text/Element used in the signature

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you deploy your application again?

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jun Wu,

I  deployed the application many times , even i un-deployed the same application  from SDM and then re-deployed the same dc  but still getting the same error .

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how you use the external lib?

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created external library , in which the itext jar file is placed , for this external library as usual practice i have created compilation PP and Assembly PP , and added this external library as used dc.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how about the ear dc?

your nw is 7.0x?

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

im not understanding your question "how about the ear dc" and yes my nw is  

Version: 7.0.14

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if my memory is right, one dc contains the lib and another dc for wrapping and deployment

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are correct one dc contains lib and anothe for wrapping and deployment.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you also add dependency to the latter one?

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes dependency is added with dependency type as build type for the later one

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i believe dependency should be runtime

Answers (0)