cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Dev client vs. PRD Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

My client is on PPM 5 and have installed PPM as an add-on on the same instance as ERP

When I do processing such as "Creating Version of all Items"for a Bucket, my performance in DEV system is 10x better than what it is in the PRD system. In PRD I am therefore getting very poor response time

From tracing the different environments it seems as if the RFC calls in PRD is taking much longer. In DEV we have single server, whilst in PRD environment we have 6 APP servers doing a load balance (using RFC Group).

I am not sure whether this load balancing that takes place via RFC Group could be the potential cause of additional delays, or whether the mere system traffic in a large ERP environment is causing poor performance. Strange thing is that whether I run my PRD jobs during busy period or quiet period the performance is always poor

Has anyone faced a similar problem before? Part of my constraint is that I have to use same PRD RFC name as the rest of PRD as the logical system name is already in use. From my understanding for PPM the logical system name and RFC name must be the same. I can therefore not easily create a unique RFC pointing to a specific app server for which no load balancing is carried out (as is the case in my DEV system).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chatsworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

If you think that the problem is in RFC performance you should rise the issue to your basis team. They can analyse it ( independent on the process you are executing).

If the RFC performance between DEV and PROD are different  when you execute the RFC directly in SM59  they have to fix it.

If the RFC performance between DEV and PROD is the same when you execute the RFC directly but it is different when you execute your process then it is needed to analyse where is the problem.

Regards