cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in project definition release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I am very much new in Project system Module and I have an issue regarding Project Release.

My problem is, i have release header WBS, Header Network and activity without releasing the project definition and

I also confirmed some of the activity. When I am going to release the project definition system shows an error as

Status PRBA is not allowed (PRJ TR/MU/UK/A25/0034)

Message no. BS043

Diagnosis

User status 'PRBA' has reference number 20.  In the current object

status 'PRJ TR/MU/UK/A25/0034' the reference number of a status must be

at least 45.

Though i have change the user status from 20 - PRBA to 45 - PRAC.

I dont understand why system remembers the previous status although i have updated the user status.

Please Help me on this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks and Regards,

Pabak Rout

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case user status is holding back to release at project definition level. deactivate the user status and then release. check the status numbering that is High and Low levels which were defined at the time of user status.

In project builder, you will see" blue color squre box with I " and open that and then uncheck the check mark against user status.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

are you saying to uncheck "change document" tab or uncheck against user status, because if we uncheck user status then we have to select another user status of higher level user status.

If i do so then same error occurs again.

Then system shows,

User status 'PRBA' has reference number 20.  In the current object

status 'PRJ TR/MU/UK/A25/0034' the reference number of a status must be

at least 55

Thanks & Regards,

Pabak Rout

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure user status to set manually when system status is set.

In your case, it seems  that uset status PRAC is set when Project is released.

Also you can configure status to cannot be set if previous one was not set ( numeric status)

Ex: 20 - PRBA

30- .....

40-.....

45- PRAC

Depends on your user status setting it  us possible that you can need set manually user status 30 and 40 before the system lets you release the project ( because at the same time  is set status PRAC)

Go to your project -- set user status.( 30 and 40 is an example, look for your user status and set manually)

You can have more info about the user status  you have in your project in the blue " I ". ( explained by Sudhakar Pappu)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide screen shot how did you define your hierarchy of user status. In your case you must set manually atleast three status before setting 45 to get release of your project. As Clara explained with an example.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pabak,

Check following SAP note

159553 - Error messages BS042,BS043

Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks a lot for your answer,

I have already checked the note and that is not much helpful in my case.

Thanks & Regards,

Pabak Rout