cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.3 RFC Adapter IFlow deployment - Service Interface problem.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a simple RFC scenario but I get an error on deployment of PI7.3 IFlow.  It cannot find the referenced Sender Service Interface.

Here's the thing...
When configuring the IFlow for your own Business Component, it will not allow you to choose a Service Interface with a RFC message type.
You must configure it for a SAP Business System.  However of course the SAP Business System does not know about my Service Interfaces.  So I have set that SAP Business System's SWCV (SAP_BASIS) with a dependancy to my SWCV (i.e. to my SWCV where my Service Inteface is defined).

With that dependancy set I can then configure the iFlow for a Sender Business System and so choose my SWCV's Service Interface.

When I check iFlow consistency it is OK.  I have activated OK.   However when I attempt to deploy it says it cannot find the referenced Sender Service Interface.

Where should my Service Interface be defined ?  I can't create it under SAP_BASIS as that is protected.  So it made sense to create it under my own SWCV.

I am using single stack JAVA AEX PI73.

Appreciate your thoughts if you have done a RFC sender adapter config before in PI73.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny

But when you create an sap business system, you can add the product and s/w component version in the technical system.

Now suppose you have imported the RFC in SWCV  TEST, then u can add TEST to the techincal system of your SAP sender system.

Once you do that you will find your RFC as sender interface.Dobule click on the business system in ID , then go to sender tab, it will show your RFC as sender interface. So you can easily select that.

You don't need to create service interface for your RFC, RFC itself can be used as interface.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit !

thanks for replying again.

Rather than adding my SWCV to the SAP technical system I had set a dependency to my SWCV (i.e. to my SWCV where my Service Inteface is defined).  Yes I know I can also use the native RFC.  But the problem is that although I can prepare the configuration with the dependent interface (either RFC or a service interface) and can activate it...  BUT only on deployment it gives an error not being able to find the dependent interface.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is still unresolved.  

• My SWCV : TESTHARNESS has the imported RFC.

• My SAP Business system : BS_SAPDEV has in the SLD the installed software TESTHARNESS
  • It's technical system has in the SLD the product and software of TESTHARNESS

• In the Integration Builder the SWCV SAP_BASIS  7.31 has been given the Underlying SWCV of TESTHARNESS.

Everything is activated including the cache.

As explained before I can build and activate the iFlow.  I have chosen the SAP Business System as the sender and can select the RFC.

But when I deploy it fails.  Runtime cache update failed; RFC referenced cannot be found

Has anybody experienced this in PI7.3 ?.

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not only this but if I attempt to import a RFC into SAP_BASIS I get an error saying that it already exists.  Yes it does already exist - so it knows that it exists.  But it can't find it when I attempt to deploy the iFlow.

Also I can see both the RFC BAPI and my service interface in the NWDS PI Explorer under the SAP Business System.  But doing the same thing in the old swing ID I cannot see them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny

Why don't you use SAP business system as your sender and RFC as an sender interface in iFlow.

As per Willam's blog we can add SAP business system in iFlow. But the system needs to be created in SLD

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/20/introducing-iflow-in-pi-731-confi...

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...that is what I have explained. You can only use a sender SAP business system. As such you can only use interfaces defined in its SWCV.  You can't add your own - even by importing a RFC.

So my question remains.

thanks.