Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3.1 :“Communication channel Data Provider not registered"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

Good Day to all.

Issue:

When launching the monitor, no data is displayed and the following message is displayed instead.

“Communication channel Data Provider not registered for the currently selected Adapter Engine”.

We have already tried this steps:

Solution:

Start the application 'com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt‟

Follow the steps below to check whether 'com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt‟ is started

Steps

1. Navigate to the Operations tab in NWA and then navigate to the sub tab Systems under the Operations tab.

2. Choose Start & Stop and navigate to the Java Applications tab.

3. Select the application „com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt‟ from the table and start it.

Solution:

Start the application 'com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt'

Still it is not working. Could someone help me please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue :

When launching the monitor, no data is displayed and the following message is displayed instead.

“Communication channel Data Provider not registered for the currently selected Adapter Engine”.

Cause:

The root cause appears to be very big message sizes (many CTN's in one batch).

Basis started and checked some messages beginning to process in the first queue (10 queues have open messages) but doubt they will be cleared by Dublin morning time.

Resolution Steps:

1. Messages are not processing in SAP PI system. Servers were rebooted previously and PI Services were not started.

2. Requested Basis team to add the reprocessing parameter to the category "MONITOR" in the integration engine configuration of SAP(completed).

Contacted Basis team for his input.

3. Began reprocessing messages in the inbound queue. This did not resolve the issue, queues still were not clearing.   Basis suggested increasing the maximum run time parameter to allow more time cause there were big messages. 

4. They increased the runtime parameter to 1800 sec / 30 min for dialog transactions. Still they did not clear the queues.

5. Basis team, suggested splitting the very big messages into smaller ones and processing them via sproxy in the hope they would process. They waited for firecall access from Operations.

6. Ticket was reassign from PI team to Basis team because issue is not related to PI technical team. The messages were getting stuck in the inbound queue to SAP system. What Basis team thought would be an easy task to setup a parameter to enable reprocessing of the messages in this queue, they found did not work.   Since the messages were timing out after reprocessing, it was suggested to increase the timeout parameter on dialog transactions in OEP (thinking that would give more time for message processing).

7. Basis thought they should just move in the transport without touching the queues.  then they wait and starts to have a positive impact. 

Our basis can always stop / restart the queues after the transport goes in if we feel necessary.

8. Basis follow the steps provided by SAP. The queues are running so it may be better to turn them off

9. After implementing the SAP Notes 1898955. This might solve the performance issue. Basis team install note 1898955 and then retest. After implementing the SAP Notes, they are able to see the message and we are not getting the error message.

Issue resolved. Closing this discussion. Special Thanks to Jurgen L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suseelan, The note 1898955 you mention - is not released ? how can we access this information. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

SAP Notes 1898955, I have mentioned is worked by our Basis Team. You need to access this information in SAP Market Place.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suseelan,

I did so but the note is not released - so we can not read it.

Regards

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

I dont have access to SAP Market Place. This SAP Notes number is mentioned in the ticket.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if a note is not released, then you have to open a call at SAP. Some notes are just pilot notes for a specific case/customer and will be made accessible later. Others might need to get approved and internally tested and go through translation etc before they get release for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Very clear explanation. Thanks.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks.

Regards

Torsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suseelan,

Have you read this SAP Knowledge Base Article 1886375  - PIMON Adapter Engine tools and monitors do not work?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

We have already tried this. Still the issue persists.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Issue resolved.

Thanks.

Closing this discussion.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a very poor statement, instead you could have explained how you solved it, especially as you marked it as correct answer.

On your endless excursions through SCN's blog world you  somehow missed this one

otherwise you would have known that you could use the "assumed answered" if no correct answer was given, and you could have read that you should share how you solved it yourself (if you did), so that others really can learn from you. Isn't it that what you permanently claim it would be your goal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh sorry, I really dont know that. I will definitely update it Jurgen. Thanks for informing me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have already contacted my team leader regarding this issue. This issue was handled by Basis Team and I will check and update without fail on Monday. Is that okay with you?

Regards,

Hari Suseelan