cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter overwriting File with File Construction Mode set to Append

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is ABAP Proxy -> PI -> File (FTP).

There are two interfaces.

One is called START and the other one is MIDDLE_END. First, a set of data is sent to PI to be recorded on a file. That set of records is split in 500 rows each and then sent to PI. The first set is sent with a Start indicator and creates a file (file name is on the message) the rest of the data sets are sent with a Middle or End indicator and those are appended to a file using a file adapter (FTP) with File Construction Mode set to Append.

The issue is that every time that a file is sent it only writes the last one but leave the space empty for all of the previous one (take a look to the attached image). I tried many ways to configure the receiver communication channel and nothing works for me.

Any ideas to solves this issue?

Regards,

Luis Diego

P.S.: We are using SAP PI 7.11 SP08.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

As Indrajit please add one more thing. Make Transfer Mode as TEXT in Receiver CC.

Regards,

Suhale S.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Are you sure that your data chunks are not processed by PI in parallel? In such case I could imagina that that the appended file might not be created properly.

By the way, why do you split the data on the sender side, only to append it on the receiver side? Why not simply send one big message, and avoid the problems that you experience now?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis

Try these two things and see it works or not

1. Change the empty message handling option to ignore

2. Change the file type as text