cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Java - Button Actions - I'm just not getting it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

What I'm trying to do: I've been learning 7.3 Process Orchestration (NW BPM) - using Web Dynpro as the UI - I'm trying to setup button actions so move from human task to human task and take some other actions as well. 

Question: I'm not getting how to "program" the buttons to - for instance - save input on the screen but "don't move on"...or send a task back to the last or previous task in the flow based on "a button push" because my review of the screen doesn't like what I see.  Can someone direct me to where to decipher this?  Been pulling my hair out for weeks to understand this.  Need to pick this up ASAP.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if don't fire the completion event, your flow won't move on...

you have to handle the data saving, bpm is not doing that

for the second, you just have to add a branch which leads to the previous task, this is from flow perspective, which is easy.

you have to consider from business level what you should do for reversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  A follow-on question: 

Maybe this isn't what I'm getting...when the Web Dynpro code is auto-generated, I can't figure out where "the completion event" you're referencing is defined and where the "save to local context" is performed.

A "Accept" and "Reject" button are generated...I'm trying to understand where the auto-generated code - now at least - is set.  Specifically again, where the save to context and completion event - whatever encompasses that - are defined.  Thanks in advance!

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should read some basic bpm document

event could be any...when you import the UI to bpm, you can specify which event means completion. when you fire this event, the bpm engine will get informed and close the task you are working on. you are missing that step as you are using UI auto generation. don't use that. you won't get any chance to use that "useless" feature in real life.

do you know wdj?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...I have...read basic BPM.  BPM isn't the issue.  It's about the intersection of all that wired up in process orchestration...and what capabilities result.   That, I haven't seen documented well. 

I understand what you're saying...I didn't understand in the earlier context.  Interesting point on the auto generation.  We use it because it is good for POC's....but doesn't seem to give you any flexibility once created.  And yes, I know WDJ.