Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon 7.30 default login language?

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I used 7.20 before and it always used EN as default login language. I upgrade to 7.30 recently. I found when I logged into one of SAP systems, it always use language ZF.

1. I have changed login language in SAPGUI.

2. I have changed default language in SU01.

3. My default profile uses E

# Language Parameters

install/codepage/appl_server = 4103

zcsa/installed_languages = EDM

zcsa/second_language = E

zcsa/system_language = E

4. What happens to my SAPGUI 7.30?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennise,

if you want to change the SAPGUI i.e SAPLOGON PAD language , click on the upper left corner of SAPlogon pad -> click options -> General and change the language and give OK.

If above is already set to EN then go to transaction SU01 or SU3, put your username and click on display/change, go to defaults, enter 'en' in Logon language and save.

Logoff and login, now you will log in with English.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I do not have the option which you showed in the screenshot and I have already set defualt -> logon language to 'EN'.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

Have you applied the Sapgui Patch? if is not kindly apply the SAPGUI  patch as refer in  the SAP Notes

1777341 - Exception in Parser for Text with MBCS (Language ZH,JA)

1773024 - SAP GUI:Tree Control: Long japanese characters are truncated

Regards

Sriram

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel, SS & Jahn,

Thanks for your help. The item SAP Logon Option does exists in "Control Panel" -> "SAP GUI Configuration".

I tried to find it after I chose a logon system -> Customize Local Layout but not found.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try setting the language in the registry?

The key should be: HKCU\Software\SAP\General\Language

You can have a look at the SAP GUI Administration guide (chapter 5), too: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0b08d62-769b-2f10-8fbe-9db5efe92...