cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project team in only WBS projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working in a project only with WBS elements for cost collection, without networks, and we would like  to assign personnel to the project.

I know that exists the concept of project team in Project Builder (select the WBS element and press Ctrl+F11), where whe can assign person, position or organizational units to the selected WBS element, but I don't know if that has any functionality.

I can't use project view for workforce planning (CMP2) without a network.

Is there a standard report that shows the projects and WBS elements assigned to the project team? We are interested in know in what project a person is assigned.

Thank you in advance

Bouza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bouza,

We are also trying to use just the WBS elements for project planning.

The employees/resources will be assigned to the WBS element.

-> We are planning to have a dummy activity under the WBS (same name as the WBS) so as to ease the resource planning and cost planning (since if we make any changes in the cost plan we want them to show up in the cost planning and for that maintaining activity is mandatory).

A person books a time against the particular network(the dummy one; under the WBS) and it gets transferred to the project.

In CADO you will get the resource related report.

Thanks,

Adity...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Adity! We'll try it

Regards,

Bouza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use Workforce Planning you first need Capacity Reqirements which come from Network Activities, then you can make personel assignments.

Thsi is from SAP help on the use of Project Team for WBS:

"Use a project team for a WBS element to record which personnel resources are
involved with a work package and to distribute work to the personnel resources
in workforce planning.

To do so, you assign people, positions and organization unit to project teams
for WBS elements. These teams process the work packages that represented by the
relevant WBS elements in the system.

In the project view of workforce planning, the system automatically
proposes the project team for the relevant WBS element when you assign personnel
resources to activities. If the WBS element does not have a project team, the
system checks whether project teams exist for superior WBS elements. If this is
the case, the system proposes the project team from the next superior WBS
element."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard report available to view assigned resources against WBS element (project team)however you can view them in table HRP1001 (Infotype 1001 DB Table)

Onemore thing, I did not see any difference exists between CADO or CATS_DA, correct me if I am wrong.

As you said do we need dummy activity to book time? in my preception not at all required rather you can book time against WBS element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

The dummy activity is not for booking time, but for the purpose of cost collection.

Thanks for the details though,

Best regards,

Adity...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you book time obviously system records time as well cost against dummy nwa. still you can also collect cost at WBS level!.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We used this design long time back and I believe we don't have standard report which can give us person/project team assignment with WBS. We had one custom report to see the details.

There is HR relationship table which will give you all the details for person/project team assignment. I hope this information will help you.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod.

I think there is a standard report in PS (CADO) which gives the actual hours spent against a WBS to which the person is attached (does not show the assigned team though).

Thanks for the above details though,

Best,
Adity...