Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward 4.1 SP02 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Here is my scenario.

We have Installed Business Objects 4.0 SP7 patch 1 on Windows server 2008 R2.

Data Services 4.1 SP02 Client is Installed on the same machine.

Data Services 4.1 SP02 Server is Installed on another machine which is a Unix machine, so job server is configured here and it is being pointed to Windows machine for CMS database at the time of installation.

Till this scenario works well and it is fine, we are working without any issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, Information Steward comes into the picture, where we want to Install the information steward compatible version on Windows machine where BO and Data Services client exists.

For both Data Services and BO what we installed IS compatible is IS 4.1 SP02 with Patch 0.

My question is shall we need to install Information Steward where Data Services Job server installed. or Can it be clustered from the Unix??

I have read the below note in Information Steward Installation guide.

Note:

The Data Services Job Server component must be installed on the local system.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You need DS Jobserver on the machine where you are doing the Primary Install of Information Steward. Note that IS is supported only on Win and Linux.

Once you have done the primary install, then you can configure the DS Jobserver from the Unix machine to be used for Information Steward (follow the post-install steps).

Abhiram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhiram,

That's correct. I have Data Services Job Server component installed on local machine, but Job server is not configured on local machine.

So, it means that job server component should be there on machine where IS is going to be installed, but job server need not be configured, it can be clustered from the Unix machine.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)