SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent user intervention on a certain BPEM EMMA case category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a new BPEM case category which will be created automatically by a program and auto-closed by the same program once certain process have been performed. I would like the EMMA cases for this case category to be prevented from changing manually by agents.

Is there a security/authorisation config or BAPI/BADIs I could use?

Thanks

Bari

2 REPLIES 2

former_member182411
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bari,

I face the same issue, too. There is one "old BadI" named "EMMA_CASE". There you can try to implement the prevention by yourself in method CHECK_BEFORE_DISPLAY. You can find lot of other methods for integrating own logic into the case handling.

There is an enhancement delivered also. Its name is the same: "EMMA_CASE". Within this enhancement spot you can find the BadI "BADI_EMMA_CASE". It contains a pre-delivered fallback class CL_EMMA_CLASS with its default implementation of the interface method of the BadI: IF_BADI_EMMA_CASE~TRANSACTION_START(). In my opinion this would be the better option - so you can prevent execution of the function module (just have a look at the implementation) to be executed if the case category matches your requirements.

I'll have to implement this logic next week, too. So please let me know if it works 🙂

Best regards,

Martin

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bari,

You can assign a particular Authorization group against the specific Clarification case category and don't assign that to the Users.

The authorization group allows extended authorization protection for particular objects. The authorization groups are freely definable. The authorization groups usually occur in authorization objects together with an activity.

Also check SAP Notes 1424857,146362,1486753,1356215,1481617,1537649 and 1540823 which are related to the authorization checks for BPEM case categories.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan