cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV refresh Question on restoring ABAP versions (SAP Note 130906)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are refreshing our  ECC DEV system from PRD (using system copy method)

We planning to use SAP note (130906 - How can versions be transported?) restore the version from the old DEV to the new DEV

Our current DEV  is out of sync in terms of versions with the current PRD. So I would like to know what will be the impact by restoring the versions from old DEV to the new DEV.

Here is the question

1. Let’s say if the old DEV has version 10, 11, 12 and active version is 12. QA has active version 12 and PRD has active version 11. Since building the new DEV from PRD, the new DEV will have active version 11.

If we transport version from old DEV to new DEV, then new DEV will have version 10, 11, 12. What will be the active version after the version transport? Is it 11 or 12?

2. I hear importing/exporting versions does not change the active version - Is this true?

Our ECC system is ECC 5.0, NW640

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Confirmed that active version will not be affected by the version history import

You are copying the versions of the repository objects. As such if you

re-import this after the refresh then you will have the complete version

database back in DEV but the active repository object will be the

version from PRD.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

130906  - How can versions be transported?

The SAP note is giving you the content of the control file required to export the version information.

If all the VRS* tables should be imported back into the system then the version information will be back to what it was before the system refresh.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I already mentioned, it seems safe to import/overwrite the versions. Below is the answer I got from my colleague on this. Will confirm this once the refresh is done

This process does not impact active versions of any components. This process will only extract/import history information about repository objects.  The import process are only entries in a table and will not impact existing active objects.