Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not matching in BW report and APO Snp planning book

vijaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi APO expert,

We extract inventory on data from Apo SNP planning book into BW report through MALO cube.

The BW report data not matching with APO planning book and Malo cube as well.

I appreciate your help.Many thanks in advance.

Vijay KH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay, which key figure did you extracted? what is the difference between cube and planning book?

vijaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for reply

We are extracting data of Inventory on hand from SNP planning book for

1 report.(which gives status of inventontory.

2.report in this,we extract ATD receipts into BW through MALO cube which is not matching?.

Thanks

Vijay KH

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

-Do you mean you extract data from "Stock on Hand" key figure and "ATD Receipts" key figure?

-Do you mean you got data in infocube but the data did not match with planning book, or you did not get any data in infocube?

vijaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Yes.We are extracting data from Inventory on hand (Stock on hand ) key figure and ATD receipts key figure data.

First of all data is not matching in infocube with comparing to SNP Planning book.Then Secondly  it should match to BW report.

Thanks

Vijay KH

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay, You did not answer my second question. But the key figures mentioned are auxliliary key figure which is not saved in liveCache (at least in standard SNP planning book). Please make sure that the key figures you extract is either liveCache time series key figure or liveCache order key figure, and the key figures should be assigned to aggregate 9AMALO in planning area setting. APO is responsible for planning area to infocube. Infocube to BW report is responsible totally by BW.

vijaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Sorry.

Yes we got data in infocube but the data did not match with planning book.

As you said,I ensure that the key figures we have extracted are livecache order key figure and are assigned to aggregate 9AMALO in planning area setting.

I appreciate you help.

Thanks

Vijay

vijaysap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Data extracted weekly from SNP planning book stock on hand data is not matching with SNP infocube and BWreport.

I appreciate your help

Joshua

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

do you have any suggestions how to take backup of SNP planning area key figures, i am also having similar trouble with extracting TOTAL DEMAND key figure, it does not show up in the extraction. 

Is there any possibility to load the data from SNP planning area to Info Cube in a delta enabled mode, if weekly data needs to be load to the info cube ?

In a general sense , can you also suggest the standard way to take backup of SNP planning area key figures. What is the best approach in terms of

1) Data load performance for SNP planning area backup

2) extracting Key Figures ( Safety Stock, Total Demand , Total Receipts, Forecast)

3) How to delta enable them for weekly extraction / Daily extraction

4) Is a consistency check necessary to perform before running extraction for the SNP backup cube

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, sorry but I cannot answer all your questions.

1) Data load performance for SNP planning area backup

-Try to keep the number of key figures and number of buckets as small as possible.

-Exclude auxiliary key figures from datasource.

-Consider excluding zero values.

-Consider using parallel processing.

2) extracting Key Figures ( Safety Stock, Total Demand , Total Receipts, Forecast)

- All key figures to be extracted must be either liveCache order key figure or liveCache time series key figure. Auxiliary key figures cannot be extracted.

- All key figures to be extracted must be assigned to the aggregate which is used for the datasource.

3) How to delta enable them for weekly extraction / Daily extraction

- Sorry I don't know such setting at APO side ... maybe you can also check BW side whether there's delta update functionality.

4) Is a consistency check necessary to perform before running extraction for the SNP backup cube

- Better but not mandatory. Inconsistency may cause error during extraction.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Data source generated from planning area in APO are not delta enabled. I wanted to know what is the strategy people usually follow in this regard to take backups for DP and SNP planning area.

If this is not delta enabled then there is lot of full loads to perform every week / month / quarter