Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI is not working with background job

former_member1207446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have set up a background job which is doing the PGI for picked deliveries, program WS_MONITOR_OUTB_DEL_GDSI with a variant (all deliveries for a certain shipping point with an actual GI date from a month ago until todays date).

But when analyzing the job log we can see that we receive the following error message:
"Posting only possible in periods 2013/11 and 2013/10 in company code XXXX"

I check the postings periods in MMPV and the current one is 2013/11 and we are allowed to post in previous period.
We also checked the 0B52 values and everything is open for until the month 12 of 2013.

The Actual GI date on all deliveries in question is 2013/11/01.
Also, when posting PGI with VL02n, we can succesfully process the PGI.

Please help me understand why the background job is failing.

BR,
OT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ola

""""We have set up a background job which is doing the PGI for picked deliveries, program WS_MONITOR_OUTB_DEL_GDSI with a variant (all deliveries for a certain shipping point with an actual GI date from a month ago until todays date).""""""""""'

Can you please check if dates in Variant is selected as dynamic dates.means if the dates are not in dynamic selection  it may be picking up last months dates which is causing posting period issue.

Regards

Santosh Verma

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See point 1.1.3 in the following note

• Note 522902 - VL06: Background processing

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Ola,

What is the actual GI date it is defaulting up can you please confirm the same? Revert after checking all. Thanks.

former_member1207446
Participant
0 Kudos

All

thanks for the info, here is the observations I made.

Actual Goods issue date: 2013.11.02

MMRV: Current posting period 2013.11, Previous period 2013.10

OMSY: Fisc Year of current period=2013, current period 11, Year of previous period 2013, previous month 10

BR,

OT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ola Törnblom,

Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm as if you've maintained any default Actual goods movement date in background variant because the system will gonna use the current date as an actual goods issue date on which the background job actually will run in order to do successful PGI posting. So just removed the defaulted value if you've set any (in that case system will gonna consider the current posting date) or implement the corrections provided in OSS Note 635956 if you want to set your own predefined default value in background job. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove actual GI date in VL02N if it is filled in, And try.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I check the postings periods in MMRV and the current one is 2013/11 and we are allowed to post in previous period.

If the posting period is current in MMRV then how can you post in previous periods ?. Its not possible to post in previous periods until to open previous periods thru MMPV. Just check in  MMRV,which period is current period ,I think,it should be current period as 11  2013 that's why system is not allowing you into post previous periods.

Note:Kindly ,ask your FI guy on this.

Thanks

Naren

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you run the background job using BDC if VL02n?

If so please check the date vaue you pass?

It looks like the date value is not proper.

Regards,Venkat