Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish option missing in UI Theme Designer

Remco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we have installed the SAP Gateway (731) with UI-Addon (100 SP5) for Fiori.

But when I use the UI Theme Designer (/UI5/THEME_DESIGNER) the Publish option is missing. Does anybody have an idea how to solve this? How to get a theme published for usage with Fiori apps?

According to documentation and blogs it should be available there. Am I missing some installation settings?

Best regards, Remco

Message was edited by: Margot Wollny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Remco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

From SAP support, from Uwe, I got the following useful tip so far.

It looks like you build-up the URL by yourself instead using the URL generated by the /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER transaction.

Please use either the transaction or bookmark the following URL:

http://host:port/sap/bc/theming/theme-designer

This  will redirect automatically to the right URL adding some URL parameters that  the theme designer needs (sap-themeroot, sap-webdav-themeroot). There is a small flaw in the coding that it will not add the parameters if it is called with /index.html.

Using this tip I now indeed get the publish option but it remains greyed out (deactivated) because I have no theming options, the Quick and Expert tab are completely blank, no option to change colors or add a background picture. So I still have some problems to solve.

regards, Remco

19 REPLIES 19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remco,

Did you find a solution for the problem. We are also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Rupesh R Nair.

0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I have not found any solution yet. We will now try to install SP 6 for the UI Add-on, hopefully that helps. I will let you know as soon as we have done that.

Note 1888558 - UI Technologies SP06 Collective Note - http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1888558

regards, Remco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done any change to the new theme? The publish option should become available once a actual change is done.

0 Kudos

Yes, I have done several changes. I can save it as a draft, that works. But no publish.

Uwe_Klinger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please open a customer message. We cannot reproduce this behavior. Component: CA-UI5-TOL

Best regards

Uwe

Product Owner

UI Theme Designer

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

What a coincidence, I already did this last sunday November 17th. Message number is 1074363.

Best regards, Remco

0 Kudos

Hi,

UI Theme Designer Developer Center

Please let me know if you have any inputs on the issue that I posted in the comments section of this Document.

Regards,

Naveen

Remco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

From SAP support, from Uwe, I got the following useful tip so far.

It looks like you build-up the URL by yourself instead using the URL generated by the /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER transaction.

Please use either the transaction or bookmark the following URL:

http://host:port/sap/bc/theming/theme-designer

This  will redirect automatically to the right URL adding some URL parameters that  the theme designer needs (sap-themeroot, sap-webdav-themeroot). There is a small flaw in the coding that it will not add the parameters if it is called with /index.html.

Using this tip I now indeed get the publish option but it remains greyed out (deactivated) because I have no theming options, the Quick and Expert tab are completely blank, no option to change colors or add a background picture. So I still have some problems to solve.

regards, Remco

Margot
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What do you try to theme and how do load the content to the UI theme designer? Or are you using the prepared controller content (for SAPUI5 / NWBC)?

Do you get any error message?

0 Kudos

Hi Margot,

I am trying to theme Fiori launchpage and apps, e.g. /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/launchpage/home.html.

What do you mean by "are you using the prepared controller content"?

In the browser I get lots of errors, see attachment.

Uwe gave me the following advice:

this looks like it cannot access the preview page. Can you

please check out the latest UI theme designer patch in note 1852401.

Note 1852401 says:

If you use the UI Theme Designer tool, you should always implement the latest SAP Note listed here.

SP04: SAP Note 1893358: UI Theme Designer - SP05/1

SP05: SAP Note 1893358: UI theme designer for ABAP: Version 1.1.4 (SP06 Patch 2) 

SP06: SAP Note 1946502: UI theme designer for ABAP: Version 1.1.4 (SP06 Patch 2)

Note 1893358 says:

This requires additionally SAPUI Patch 1.12.7 or higher.

Since my system is on level 1.12.5 I tried earlier to implement note 1892450 - SAPUI5 update to version 1.12.7:

With this note the SAPUI5 runtime will be upgraded to version 1.12.6 / 1.12.7

Prerequisite: SAPUI5 runtime version 1.12.5 is installed.

Unfortunately that is not gonna work, I have downloaded note 1892450 with SNOTE but then it has the status "Cannot be implemented".

So I am gonna try to upgrade the UI Add-on component to SP 6.

Regards, Remco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you verify that your MIME repository doesn't have any .BAK folders in /sap/public/bc/ui5/libraries/ver?

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I have no .BAK folders in the MIME repository folder you mentioned.

Best regards, Remco

Remco
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have upgraded the UI Addon components to SP 6.

Furthermore I have installed latest Theme Designer patch with note 1946502 - UI theme designer for ABAP: Version 1.1.4 (SP06 Patch 2) , as instructed in note 1852401 - UI Theme Designer for SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP (main SAP Note) .

But now the theme designer is not started anymore after logon. I notice following error messages in browser debugging console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of
404 (Not found)
http://<host>:<port>/sap(Yz0wMDE=)/bc/theming/theme-desi…r/~cache-E875E76FC357E6285A2AF23B4D80C543CA...

Uncaught ReferenceError: sap is not defined

Does anybody know how this can be solved?

0 Kudos

Hi Remco,

can you please check if the file is available in MIME Repository (SE80 -> MIME Repository) under the path /sap/public/bc/ui5/LIBRARIES/VER/1/com.sap.ui5.core/META-INF/resources/sap/sap-ui-core.js

Best regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you still using transaction /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER to start UI Theme Designer? Also make sure SAP note 1902156 is installed in your system, it should be included in SP6 of component UI_INFRA 100.

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I have checked it. The sap-ui-core.js file is available at that location.

Best regards, Remco

0 Kudos

Yes, I am using transaction /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER to start UI Theme Designer. That doesn't help unfortunately.

Remco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to SAP support I have managed to solve the issue. They provided the following solution:

Please check the DB table /UI5/THEME_SETUP. There is an incorrect entry for SETUP_OPTION = UI5_ROOT, the path in a field SETUP_VALUE is incorrect. You can delete this entry and path to UI5 root directory is set by default, or you change this path to /sap/public/bc/ui5/libraries/ver/1(this path is actually default).

Please before you restart ThemeDesigner clear a browser cache.

pooja_konjara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also not able to see the "save & publish" option in the UI theme designer (opened through this path, SAP Enterprise Portal> Content administration> portal display> UI theme designer) and I could see only save & build option.

We are using java stack (no client system available similar to ABAP stack to activate the theme either) and I have rebuilt the existing theme & made my customizations. Post which, I have "Save & built" successfully, but unable to publish my theme as default one.

Any suggestions pls?

Thanks,

Pooja.