cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSTARTSRV.exe update missing after kernel upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have done the kernel patch upgrade from 325 to 500. After this application is running fine but in MMC i can find

" Running but Dialog Queue Info unavailable ".

We ran the query sapcontrol -nr <InstanzNummern> -function getversioninfo. There i found SAPSTARTSRV.exe and SAPWEBDISP was not update to latest patch.

used the below files to kernel patch 720. After uncar i didn't find the sapstartsrv file.

SAPEXE_500-10007272.SAR

SAPEXEDB_500-10007271.SAR

Appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

During the time of kernel upgrade have you stop the SAP Services? If it’s not pls stop the SAP instance & Service, copy those missing file to g:\usr\sap\dev\sys\exe\run folder and then restart the physical system

Regards

Sriram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes, Reagan Benjamin and Abhishek were right. You need to extract properly the required kernel SAR files - means check if some files are missing or having errors while extracting. Shutdown all your SAP Instances and make a copy of your existing kernel folder (g:\usr\sap\dev\sys\exe\run) for your backup. Then copy the new extracted kernel files to the g:\usr\sap\dev\sys\exe\run folder. Make sure that you change the file permission (as owner) of all kernel files to user (<SID>adm) and Group (sapsys).

Restart the server and check again.

Thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your quick response. I've done a small mistake.

While uncar the kernel files, i kept the SAPCAR in the same folder. Then some files were missed while uncar. Now its perfectly fine.

Once again thanks every one

Regards

Raghu

abk07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I strongly believe that the SAP services were not stopped before patching the kernel. Kindly stop the server and services before patching the kernel. Also don't forget to take the backup of the kernel.

Regards,

Abhishek

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I just now downloaded the SAPEXE_500-10007272.SAR file and extracted it.

This is what I see

So it looks like the the files were not extracted properly.

Use the latest SAPCAR and if possible download the file once again and extract them to a temporary location before copying them to the DIR_CT_RUN location.

Make sure you stop all the services before you put the new files.

Regards

RB